...about that Insurance Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tom started a thread yesterday asking for advice on designing a beam & trolley system here: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42237 . I gave an appropriately conservative response in light of the liability exposure that this issue would have brought to both the site and myself as a building professional. Alan and others have jumped in and started throwing ideas all over the place about what to do.
My questions to the BOD are:
1. Can we be held liable as a Corporation for dissemination in good faith of potentially hazardous advice by our members?
2. Should we monitor and/or discourage solicitation and responses to such issues?
3. Would an overall disclaimer in our policy be appropriate for such issues?

I raise these issues because I can see one day someone coming here and asking such questions and following advice by our members with catastrophic results, exposing us to a liability law suit for allowing or encouraging such activity. I realize that 99% of our members are adults and should be responsible for their own actions, but that will not discourage some neophyte from attempting an endeavor beyond their expertise and relying totally upon what they garner from this site and its members.

M

McRabbet

This is just one more reason why we need liability insurance -- as you already know, our past President didn't get that task done. I need to contact the agent we used for our homeowners BoD policy to get a quotation on a policy. I'll try to get it done as soon as possible.

cskipper

Cathy
Read and agree. I know we keep discussing it, but wasn't done by previous board. Thanks Rob for following up on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS