Abby's Crib

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Finally got some quality shop time in this weekend and today (Happy Presidents Day).

This is the "3 in 1 bed for all ages" plan from Wood Magazine (Issue 173, November 2006). The headboard is straight instead of the curved one in the plans. Still have to make the front rail for the toddler bed and the side rails for the full size bed, but I've got some time before those will be needed.

The crib is made from solid maple with cherry slats and cherry plywood for the side panels. I bought the hardware kit from Products America. The kit had all the necessary hardware including the mattress foundation (no mattress included)

Just a little touch up sanding here and there and then apply the finish.

Abbys_Crib_001.JPG

View image in gallery

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Yeah. the contrast is nice, especially after the cherry starts to get darker. The cherry and maple should really pop once I rub in the BLO. This is the cradle I built for Granddaughter #1. Finished with BLO and top coated with low gloss Formby's Tung Oil Finish.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Not only do the crib and the cradle look great, but the new shop is looking pretty darn good too. Even has sawdust on the floor. WoooooHooooo! :wwink:

Bill

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Oh yeah, lot's of sawdust.

And now that this crib is finished, well, finished except for the finish, I can officially get back to working ON the shop. I actually have permission. :gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice looking crib there, Mark!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Looks very classic with the cherry and maple mix. I am sure that it will last quite a long time.

(That cradle looks like the same design I built in 2009 from an issue of Woodsmth magazine.:eusa_danc)

Thanks for sharing the pics of the completed crib.

(A great way to kickoff the build of more shop cabinets for yet more big-boy toys!:wsmile:)

Wayne

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Very, very nice looking crib there, Mark!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Looks very classic with the cherry and maple mix. I am sure that it will last quite a long time.

(That cradle looks like the same design I built in 2009 from an issue of Woodsmth magazine.:eusa_danc)

Thanks for sharing the pics of the completed crib.

(A great way to kickoff the build of more shop cabinets for yet more big-boy toys!:wsmile:)

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.

The cradle is from the Woodsmith design.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I got the crib finished and delivered, but I did not bring my camera to take any pictures of the crib with the new owner. My SIL sent this picture to me via email.

Finish came out ok.

IMGP8243.JPG

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Mark,

Great job. I really like the Maple & Cherry together. The finish looks real good.:icon_thum:icon_thum

Lyell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS