A sign and cribbage boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Started to make a sign for a man cave. Thought I would share.
I plan on going back and add some color to it this weekend.

photobucket-5867-1326774349492.jpg

I also made a couple Cribbage boards. Now I need to learn how to play the game.

I wasn't going to stain the whole thing. I was going to stain the center, lines and lettering.
But the stain ran thru the grain and I could not sand all of the runs out.

photobucket-6887-1326774462694.jpg

photobucket-1725-1326774474021.jpg

These where carved by a Carvewright and not by hand.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Really like the cribbage boards. Played a lot while in the Navy. Excellent themes. Are these your designs? Great job.

Mike

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
John,
Nice looking boards . If you lived closer Id show you what I know, but like most every one else you are just to far away for a friendly game of cribbage. I might be interested in purchasing one or your boards so if you decide to sell just send me a pm and let me know. Did you cut a spot on the back for the pegs to stay in? Just asking?

Thanks
Mark

Weber

New User
Larry
Love cribbage boards! Learned my additions playing cribbage with my "Grospa". Yeah, I am of German extraction.

jnforness

New User
John
My father used to make cribbage boards out of exoctic woods. Primarily simple plain ones as it was the types of woods he liked. He had a bit made up specifically for placing a hole/compartment on the underside for putting the pegs. There are metal door type pieces he had for holding them in that slid into place. To that end, I am currently the keeper of those. Not sure how many metal "doors" I have, but I do have the bit and it works like a charm! I also have the plates and jig for drilling the holes out. If you lived closer I would loan it to you. If you are ever in Charlotte, just let me know! Great work by the way.....

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I purchased the patterns for the board and also the pictures in them. I am still learning how to do the design and editing of the artwork.

These boards don't have a peg storage in them, but there is supposed to be legs to make it like a small table which I never did make.
I will look and see how I can add a pocket on the bottom side if there is room.

I also have seen them where there is a bottom board connected by hinges that is a storage space for cards and the pegs.

I do plan on selling these in the future once I get a final layout done.

These are the first cribbage boards I have made and I also have a round one with a Lighthouse in the center.

Thanks for the offer jnforness but i rarely make it to Charlotte,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS