a reminder

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
No success without failure.

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

This quote from Teddy Rosevelt means a lot to me and reminds me everyday to try to do something. It reminds me of all the people who do great work, the ones who try and come up a little short, the ones who beat the drums but never seem to try for themselves and the ones who read, talk, plan, shop and trade but never seem to make anything of their own. It reminds me to help others, give more than I get and never give up on anyone. We all have the capacity to create, the love of fine art, the vision to see things that need to be done and the strength to persevere. But, we sometimes lose sight of the goal and need a little help to get back on track.
If you ever need help, please remember we are here. Please ask.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Well said, Mike -- I've tried all of my life to attempt new things because that is how we learn to be better -- I've failed numerous times when starting, but in the end, I have seen many successes due to my persistent efforts. And sharing that experience is part of who we are.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I spent several minutes trying to come up with a reply, but it turned into needless navel gazing, so I'll simply say, "Well said, Mike."

DaltonEdmonds

New User
Dalton
That's one of my favorite quotes.

I have always found encouragement from this quote from teddy Roosevelt and a quote from MLK jr.

“If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.” Martin Luther King JR.

Very well said Mike. Thanks for this. I have been in need of this reminder.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
thank you Mike. You are a kind friend and a gracious leader. I look up to you, and I am glad to know you.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Well Said, My father always raised us by this ........ In attempting any goal ..... doing the right thing is preferred, doing the wrong thing meant you tried, doing nothing is the worst thing and shied away from opprtunity. Always stand up and be counted, you you not always be right, but you will have stood up and was counted.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS