A project with my son

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
My 7 year old son recently got a pocket knife. And so for the last couple months his whole train of thought has revolved around pocket knifes. Last weekend we went to the Zoo and he picked up some arrow heads from the gift shop. For some reason he thought it would be neat to make one into a knife. So today we did:

69CG6841.JPG

View image in gallery

It is not really functional but we had a good time :). I cut the stock on the TS and the grove for the "blade" on the bandsaw. Then he went to town with a rasp and a scraper to shape the handle. Finally we took it to the belt sander to put a decorative end on it (thanks Mike Davis!). The handle is cherry so of course it burned bad (scraper could fix that but I think my son likes it that way :)).

Thanks for listening!
Salem

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Any time that you can spend with one of the children, is the best time; the best way you can spend time. It doesn't matter how a project turns out; only that you did it together. Thanks for sharing that nice thought.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's great! I made one like that for my daughter a couple years ago. It seems all kids think the same.

jhreed

New User
james
God bless you my friend. You have learned something at a youg age. This project will stay in the memory of father and child for a lifetime. He will tell his son about this project and by that time it will grow in proportion to time. Please do not miss a chance to do things together.
James

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Fantastic work.
I bet that is more functional than you first think...
not as a tool perhaps, but in the long run
what a great function!
thanks for sharing

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Any time that you can spend with one of the children, is the best time; the best way you can spend time. It doesn't matter how a project turns out; only that you did it together. Thanks for sharing that nice thought.
I agree 100% with Ray. One of my 5 grand-kids loves to work in the shop with me. It doesn't matter what we work on, just that we get to work on it together. :eusa_danc

Bill

ss600r

New User
Steve
Nothing beats spending time with the kids. No matter what you are doing. My little girl went turkey hunting a few times with me this year. Driving home one day she said "Even though we didn't get a turkey, it was the best day because I got to spend it with you" Do everything you can with the kids and make those memories! I bet that knife means more to him than any video game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS