Status
Not open for further replies.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hello,

My name is Matt Holway and I have been hacking around doing cabinetry and simple furniture work for years but based on some of the work I have seen posted on this site I am a beginner.

I have an interesting situation where I live in Durham and work out of my garage but also have a complete shop in West End (near Pinehurst). The shop in West End belonged to my father-in-law prior to his passing. His name was Dale Clemens and some of you my know his name because he was the author of a number of books on rod-making and parlayed that experience into becoming an accomplished wood-turner.

In any event, I am starting to focus on project reusing, recycling, and repurposing and look forward to learning from all of you. If you are local to Durham or West End please reach out as I would love to meet you

Regards,

Matt

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Matt. Glad you found us and decided to join in. There is a group of woodworkers near you that meets every Monday night, usually in the Hillsborough area. You may want to check them out. A very friendly bunch. You can contact Jim by email at:

how@hillsboroughorangewoodworkers.com

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Matt,

Welcome and thanks for joining us on the new member chat. I hope you will join us again sometime.

Steve

John Harris

New User
John
Hi Matt,
Welcome aboard. I'm local to your West End Shop. I live on a small horse farm just down the road on the other side of Pinehurst n Whispering Pines. While I have been on this forum for a few years I have not been active much and just starting to get my garage shop setup. With a 3 and 4 year sons, I don't have a lot of free time but would be nice to meet up. I was just about to start a post to see if there were other forum members in the area that would like to start some sort of wood working group.
-John

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome to the saw pile Matt.. Did anyone mention we love pics

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bill - I went over last night and had a chance to work with Jim and the HOW gang on the Toys-for-Tots build. Thanks for the lead. You were right - a great bunch of folks and a charity build is a perfect time to come into the group.

Welcome to the site, Matt. Glad you found us and decided to join in. There is a group of woodworkers near you that meets every Monday night, usually in the Hillsborough area. You may want to check them out. A very friendly bunch. You can contact Jim by email at:

how@hillsboroughorangewoodworkers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS