A new box

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
I made this box for my son's girlfriend. The wood is walnut and cherry and while I think it turned out decent, I sure learned a few more things. One being that solid brass hardware is very costly.

I wish I had a better camera set-up so you could see it better, but alas I can't ever seem to justify one. I hope you can see enough to tell how it looks. Thanks for looking.

100_7037.JPG

100_7039.JPG

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, I love the feet. A half mortise lock also, you spared no expense, she must be a good catch for your son (daughter-in-law material :eusa_thin ) Beautiful work, she will cherish it. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Mark, I hope she's a keeper because that box certainly is. That is very impressive. I love the wood selection and finish. The interior is perfect, too. Nice!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Mark
The box is beautiful :icon_thum excellent work:eusa_clap What did you use for the finish?

MarkW

New User
Mark
Thanks for the nice responses, I apreciated each one. The finish I used was just laquer. I applied 2 coats then wet sanded to 400 then another 2 coats and wet sanded to 800 then 1 coat.

As to his girlfriend, keeper or not I do not know as yet. But I hope he can wait until after college to decide. But like alot of youngsters he makes it clear that I have no say. :BangHead:

sapwood

New User
Roger
That's really nice Mark. You put in a lot of effort on the details of the hardware and interior and it shows. Regardless of her future with your son, she won't forget this gift:icon_thum

Roger

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Very nice. I like the tray coming out. I know what you mean about brass costs. It puts me in sticker shock. You would think you are buying gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS