A little north of Asheville, a lot out of square

Unknownroad

New User
Sarah
Hi all!
I moved to Leicester NC about a year ago and have mostly been lurking. I've got far too many hobbies, but have been focusing on setting up a good woodworking space since that's what I come back to the most. I'll never be a fine woodworker (very unsteady hands), but I enjoy the craft. Since I just push pixels around all day at work it's great to use my own time creating something that lasts.

Cheers,

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Welcome to western North Carolina, Sarah. I'm a long-time forum member from Hendersonville and also the President of the Western NC Woodworkers Association. We are a group of woodworkers from the Asheville area that meet once each month to share projects, techniques and teaching about woodworking. We meet at 9:30 AM the second Saturday of each month at the Trinity View Retirement Center (2533 Hendersonville Road, Arden, about 2 miles off I-26 at the Airport exit). We have about 70 members and our meetings are open to guests. Our next meeting on October 8th will feature a program on Slab flattening by one of our senior members.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Sarah!
We are glad you found us.
Since you have been lurking, I guess you already know what a fun group of knowledgeable people are gathered here.

BTW we love pictures, as you are setting up you shop and projects or even WIP (Work in progress) in case you didn't know.

BUT to get the most out of NCWW you need to put in a little - ask a question, comment on stuff and yes, there is likely questions where you will have the answers.
We are a community relying on other community members to grow and maintain a friendly, engaging place to talk about woodworking and woodworking related craft work.

in case you didn't already know we will be in Hickory on the 21st and 22nd of October at the Klingspor Extravaganza come see us if you can and make sure to say Hello!

kenhickswoodworker

New User
Ken
Hi all!
I moved to Leicester NC about a year ago and have mostly been lurking. I've got far too many hobbies, but have been focusing on setting up a good woodworking space since that's what I come back to the most. I'll never be a fine woodworker (very unsteady hands), but I enjoy the craft. Since I just push pixels around all day at work it's great to use my own time creating something that lasts.

Cheers,
Welcome, neighbor.! I moved to Black Mountain about 2 years ago.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors