A Little Hand Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well, I took a break from the big stuff to do a little hand work. I made two of these for the drawer front spice racks. They are 1/4" thick with some nice small pins. See, I can use my hands too. :rolf:

ggcabspice.jpg

And you guys thought I was all about the power tools.........

Ok, I really am about the power tools, but....

John

M

McRabbet

woodguy1975 said:
Well, I took a break from the big stuff to do a little hand work. I made two of these for the drawer front spice racks. They are 1/4" thick with some nice small pins. See, I can use my hands too. :rolf:

And you guys thought I was all about the power tools.........

Ok, I really am about the power tools, but....

John
Likely story... Knowing your "Tim, the Toolman" history, you probably cut those little dovetail beauties with a revolutionary new dovetail blade in your table saw! :saw:
:rolf: :rolf:

Monty

New User
Monty
McRabbet said:
you probably cut those little dovetail beauties with a revolutionary new dovetail blade in your table saw!
Just wait... once he gets that three-station shaper up and running, he'll be able to crank out about 40 of these little babies a day! :lol:

Before lunch! :mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice needle pins:lol: :lol: :lol: that just tickles me to say it.
WG your talent never ceases to amaze me.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
WG spreads his disease, but I bet beneath his power tool friendly shop, he know about the hand tools too

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
John, your hand cut DTs turned out great.:icon_thum They will make a nice addition to those cabinets.

D L

woodguy1975

New User
John
McRabbet said:
Likely story... Knowing your "Tim, the Toolman" history, you probably cut those little dovetail beauties with a revolutionary new dovetail blade in your table saw! :saw:
:rolf: :rolf:

Hmmmm. Might have to a do a google. :) It would be something I don't have. :-D

woodguy1975

New User
John
insomniac said:
Just wait... once he gets that three-station shaper up and running, he'll be able to crank out about 40 of these little babies a day! :lol:

Before lunch! :mrgreen:

40 a day! :) 40 an hr is more like it for that thing. :rolf:

I swear I'll get power to it sometime soon. I have all the electrical parts now including the 10HP rotary phase coverter, 50amp breaker, and No. 6 wire. I've just got to find the time to wire it. I went into this past weekend with a goal of wiring and plumbing the edge sander a simple tie into my 220 circuit in that area of the shop. Didn't make it. :( Once I get all the cabinets out of my shop and in the home waiting on install I'll have the space to rearrange the shop and doing the electrical. I might be able to reserve a couple days to do some electrical work before I start cutting the mahogany for the next project.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
If you look closely at the crystaline structure of the micrograin, it shows the telltale parallel alignment of a CNC laser:eusa_naug

woodguy1975

New User
John
Steve D said:
If you look closely at the crystaline structure of the micrograin, it shows the telltale parallel alignment of a CNC laser:eusa_naug

There is that CNC laser urban legend again. LOL. Shhhhhhhh. It's a secret.

John

M

McRabbet

woodguy1975 said:
Hmmmm. Might have to a do a google. :) It would be something I don't have. :-D
Yeah, according to Al, his sidekick, you've got to move the sliding table holding the stock real fast to get those keen edges...:eusa_thin

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Hey John, I just noticed the grain flow around the box. From what I can see of the one outside and one inside corner it looks great. Nice match.:icon_thum

D L

lwhughes149

New User
Lorraine
I guess it's time for me to try my hand at dovetails. Yours are great looking. Just one more thing to learn. Lorraine:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS