A little gloat...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
I don't usually post gloats but thought I'd make an exception today. About a week ago I saw an ad on CL for a saw I thought I might be interested in, so I sent an inquiry. Turns out it belongs to a good friend of mine who unfortunately is closing the doors on a cabinet shop he started with a few partners but never really took off. Long story short, I ended up getting a General 350-M2M 3HP TS w\ a Biesemeyer fence and a bunch of Freud blades, a Woodtek 2HP Edge Sander with a dozen or so belts, and a 5HP 175 gal 200PSI 2 stage compressor (talk about overkill!) for ~2K. Edge sander still has the original belt and the machining marks on the surface of the table saw are still unblemished. To add to the gloat, I spent the day helping him pack up the shop and got a brand new $2200 wall oven\micro combo from a floor display for my efforts (the element just went out in mine, perfect timing).

Sad to see his shop go under but glad I was able to help out and score a good deal in the process, and was also able to hook him up with another friend who bought some of his display cabinets.

While I'm on the subject, I'll be listing my Jet 10" 3HP Cabinet saw\router and Jet 1.5HP Edge Sander in classifieds soon, but if anyone wants to jump the gun shoot me a PM...

new_tools_002_Medium_.jpg

View image in gallery

navy1990

New User
Matt
Wow! That's a little gloat? You made out like a bandit on this deal. I wish I could have a little gloat like that. Looks like you won the tool lottery. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS