A little CL score (and a little gloat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxracer

New User
Dan
I have been looking for another router to use as a hand held router. The 3.25 HP Freud scares me a little out of the table. :saw:
I saw an add on CL yesterday for a DeWalt DW618B3 router kit. Said never used in box for $150. Also noticed it was a second post and was $200 before. So I went thinking maybe I can get another $25 or $50 bucks off. I got there and it was what he said in the add. In the case and accessories in the plastic. So I said sold. Then it got better :wsmile:

He said "I have a bunch of things lying around, we closed a cabinet shop late last year and I kept a lot of things"... goes behind the TV stand and pulls out 2 Porter Cable 7310HD laminate routers and asks if I've ever used one. I hadn't and I really didn't have any immediate use for them and worst of all I'm thinking crap, I only have another $25 in my pocket. Well without missing a beat he hands them to me and says "take them, I don't have any need for them". Score 1. Then goes back over towards the TV, digs a little and pulls out a miter trimmer and asks, "you ever use one of these". On that one I said YES and I love them. Once again he says "take it, I don't need it". I actually felt bad and gave him the other $25 I had.

So all said and done I got the router kit, two laminate routers and the miter guillotine for $175. None of which look like they have had much use. The miter trimmer just needs a little rubbin. I like CL. :gar-Bi
100_0628.JPG

View image in gallery

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
well......... let me be the first to say you suck!:icon_thum nice score!:icon_cheers

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Nice score ... especially the trimmer at that price! I've wanted one of those for a long time, but they are usually closer to 8x that price!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Dang, congrats on a serious score!

I just checked behind my TV, didn't find anything close to trim routers :)

Jim

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Woodwrangler : Yah really really like that lion trimmer? :}:}:}:}:} Guess I will have to bring mine to my new house in Zebulon eh? MIGHT have to invite ya over to drool over it, then hmmmmmmmm, do I neeeeeeeeeeeeed it? hmmmmmmmmmmm let me thunk bout it :gar-Bi
Jack
PS on a serious note THEY ARE VERY DANGEROUS!!!!!!!!!! Be very careful using em if properly sharpened it will take off fingers and you wont even know it until too late

steviegwood

New User
Steven
WOW!!! What a haul. Two tv's and dust webs and dust bunnies is all I found. What kind of tv did that fella have anyway? Good Deal. (for you)hehe Steve :rotflm::kamahlitu:BangHead: :eek:ccasion1

M

McRabbet

Great scores, Dan -- I have one of the little P-C trim routers and it is very handy for doing trimming and small radius round overs. Free is super!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Careful Dan. Those routers get really HOT when you use them! Oh, wait a minute, they're already HOT, since you practically STOLE them :)
Awesome score!

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Ya oughta be ashamed of your self as you ARE A CROOK :tongue2: heck that dang trimmers gotta be over 200 bucks now :eek: I wanted one 12 yrs ago an they were 175.00.Man you make Jessie James look like an amature :rotflm::rotflm: did ya kiss em to :rotflm:OH yeah super great score.

Just looked an that dang miter timmer is 199.00 now.YUP you is a CROOK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS