A little assist with changing my Avatar

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I accidentally changed my Avatar while viewing a folder in the Gallery. Its not that I miss the old avatar, but I think it might be time to make a change. So..

How do you take a photo from the albums here in the Gallery(albums) and use an existing photo to update the Avatar?

How do you take a photo from your computer not in an album and use that for an avatar?

Thanks ahead of time
Dan

Maybe a change?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Click your username, then select Account details. You will see your current avatar, click on it to start the change process.

At the next screen, select “Choose File” to upload a custom avatar.

Browse to the location where you have your photo, select it, then click Open.

Click Okay to save your choices.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What if someone doesn't have an Avatar at all. I may want to add one but don't know where to start.

Thanks.

Leatherneck

New User
Tom
I need to add a photo also. I have lots of pictures on my computer, however, I don't even know what an avatar is. When I try as per instructions given I get "No file matches your description"

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
What if someone doesn't have an Avatar at all. I may want to add one but don't know where to start.

Thanks.
Jeff, just follow the same steps as indicated above.

I need to add a photo also. I have lots of pictures on my computer, however, I don't even know what an avatar is. When I try as per instructions given I get "No file matches your description"

Tom, an avatar is just a small photo of what you want to represent your account. Acceptable formats are jpg and png

FlyingRon

Ron
That's a file browser on your system. You need to navigate to a directory that has your images in it and then you will see them.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
That's a file browser on your system. You need to navigate to a directory that has your images in it and then you will see them.
Ron,
I still think we need a "how do I" forum or drop down - this is a GREAT example...

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Thank you Neal I think I have the Avatar thing worked out. Now to find something a little more up to date.

Dan

Leatherneck

New User
Tom
I have tried files such as pictures, documents, my pictures and my documents. I click on choose file to get the image here. When I click on the named image and then click on open, it still reads "no items matched your search" when trying to send it to this site.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Tom, I'll teach out to you a little later, not home yet

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS