A HUGE GLOAT... For my son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
Well, as I posted in the "Found for sale" forum, I bought a Rigid Oscillating Spindle Sander from CL yesterday. Man, what a great tool. I've only used it for about 20 minutes and I already love it. What makes it even better is that it is quite possibly the only tool in my shop that I would consider almost completely kid safe. I'm not sure who likes it more, me or my 8-year-old.

You have to be prepared to clean up the "kid mistakes" but hey I got to include my son in a project and let him run with it virtually unattended. He was so proud of himself that he could use one of dads power tools alone. I made sure to keep my eyes on him, and had to give him a direction or two to make sure he didn't hurt himself or ruin the project pieces, but beyond that it was really nice to see how happy he was to feel of use in the shop.

Matt

Shop-8.jpg

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Now that is what I call a gloat. My son and I do things together in the shop, but he is 22 years old. Awesome. I drool over that very tool every trip to the Depot.

wayne

New User
wayne
Matt

Great to have a helper, but if he uses that thing much get him in the habit of wearing a dust mask. That fine dust he's breathing can't be any better on his undeveloped lungs then our ours.

wayne

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
That's very cool. And if he wants a project of his own, rough cut a sword or laser gun on the band saw, and have him sand to the line. Hours of entertainment (especially with 320 grit :))

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice gloat . . . a sander with a "free" operator" :mrgreen:
Oh yeah, nice pix too!

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors