A good project to get started with..

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Or prehaps a project to make for the wife. Anyway, this is the first project I completed as a new woodworker several years ago. I thought it to be a good project, and just thought I'd share ... In case anyone is in the marked for chairs, or looking for something to do. My chairs have undergone many coats of paint, they are still solid, are very confortable, and the plan is free...

Jake's Chair

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That looks like some great plans and nice chairs. I like the stackability of them. I need to put that in the file of projects to make...someday. Thanks for posting it. Dave:)

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Now you are bringing back some memories. I have paid for all of the tools in my shop and then some building adirondak chairs. I did them based upon a slightly modified version of Norm Abram's design. It is a great project to learn on and you can get great results with a few basic tools. I now have it down to a production basis if I make them and have 3/8 acrylic vacuum templates for the arms and curved legs. Ironically, I've built over a hundred chairs but currently only have one for myself 8-O . I have another sitting in my shop waiting to be put together but haven't had the time.

P

PrplHrtJarHead

Steve D said:
I have paid for all of the tools in my shop and then some building adirondak chairs.

No kidding? I just never really thought much of that style of chair. I can see I am gonna have to get interested in more types of furniture to help pay for my shop tools.

Believe it or not, I never really thought of selling anything. I just thought this would be a more productive hobby than drinking :drunken_s .

Then I read this post and thought, hmmmm selling stuff to get more tools, there could be something to this theory.:icon_thum

hpetty

New User
Hugh
I have a vague recollection that the original designer of Jake's Chair was living in Raleigh. He had experienced a shop fire a few years back and lost all of his equipment. Anyone out there have an update, or a correction to my memory?

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I do remember when I first got this plan, that he was living in the Raleigh area. Dont' know about a fire though.

DavidF

New User
David
SteveD - I was asked by an English friend last week (the boat owner) whether I could send him plans for adirondack chairs - do you have one thats printable that I could send to him?

hpetty

New User
Hugh
David,

The original post has a link to a ZIP file. I'm pretty sure that file has a PDF with measured drawings and pictures. If not, PM me and I'll send you a copy tonight of the drawings I have on my home PC.

R

rickc

Check the downloads section of this website - look in Outdoor Furniture section. There is a set of plans - adirondackchair (2) available there. Note: choose the plan with the "(2)" in it, as the other one appears to have a problem with it. It is a pdf file, printable. Might be a good place to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS