A flock of turkey Calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
I turn mostly bowls on my lathe, but spring always gets me in the call making mood. This is a call I just made using some turkey tracks inlay one of our members made. He makes inlay and came up with this for turkey call makers. It will be great for box calls as well. The other calls are made of bocote, dogwood, perssimon, maple, and poplar. The striker on the last pic is made from poplar even if it does look more like walnut.
Jack Mincey
100_1512.jpg

100_1511.jpg

100_1513.jpg

Dragon

New User
David
I smell the bird cooking already. Those are fantastic looking. :icon_thum You did very well. Wish I had that kind of talent.

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Jack great looking calls I bet you got them sounding as good as they look. Spring gets my blood pumping to knock down an old jelly head. I have made a few box calls of walnut dont look as good as yours but they sounded good enough to call them in.Goin down to east Georgia in about 5 weeks to hunt them old swamp birds down there.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Jack great looking calls I bet you got them sounding as good as they look. Spring gets my blood pumping to knock down an old jelly head. I have made a few box calls of walnut dont look as good as yours but they sounded good enough to call them in.Goin down to east Georgia in about 5 weeks to hunt them old swamp birds down there.

Eric: Jack's calls work as good as they look! Did the job for me last year! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I especially like the slate/glass combo.

Good luck down in Georgia. I'm heading out to Missouri in April to see if those midwestern birds will "dummy up!"

Truefire

New User
Chris
Wow what beauties, got a bunch of good looking pots there Jack. You really do! I see you have the dual capabilities to play either on the top side or the underside of the soundboard, cool integration.

I'm sure they sound as good as they look and the strikers are intriguing. As for the inlay work that a friend of yours made i would really like his contact info. I would like to purchase some of that if he was willing to part with a couple of pieces or is it something that you and him have worked out for a niche market in the arena of callmaking?

Thanks a great deal Jack for any considerations.

Chris

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
Those are some really nice calls.Where do you find the slate insert for the turning?I have always wanted to make my own and try to bag a Tom with it.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks again everyone. I buy my slate in bulk and cut my own glass, but here is a site you can get the slate and glass from in small amounts. They also have some instructions on making different calls. You have to scroll down to the bottom of the window on the left to find sites that carry slate and glass.
Good Luck,
Jack
http://www.customcalls.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS