A few calls and a little gloat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Here is a quick shot of some of the latest calls to come out of my shop. They are more of my red oak burl, osage, and the crow call is bocote. For my gloat I got a check this week for an article I wrote for Woodturning Design Magazine on how to make a turkey calls, that are for sell this month. It was great to be asked by the magazine to write an article, but even better to be payed for the effort.
Thanks,
Jack
100_1669.jpg

T

toolferone

Those look great!! Nice going on the check I will look for the article. We have another famous ww among us, how cool is that.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WTG Jack,couldn't happen to a more deserving guy. :icon_cheers :icon_cheers :icon_cheers

PS.Now your getting rich an famous,do I gotta make an appointment ta visit :gar-La;

Truefire

New User
Chris
Oh my Goodness, i had forgotten all about this magazine and the article that you composed since you told me a month ago. I definitely need to go to town so that i might locate one of these magazines. Thanks a million Jack for mentioning it again in this posting for i would have certainly missed out. I look forward to reading it.

That has got to be a great feeling to have an article published in such a renowned magazine. It's OK, go ahead and smile :gar-Bi real big Jack, no one's watching...

As for the turkey pot calls, they are beautiful. I must say those calls made from the red oak burl are prettier to me than many i have seen and made out of exotics. I hate that it is so difficult to obtain nice native woods for callmaking, oaks are hard enough to get one's hands on let alone burl.

Beautiful work Jack.

Chris

manfre

New User
Manfre
Congrats. Any chance you could upload a short video demostrating the calls? They are pretty, but also functional.

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Good Looking calls

Gonna run today and see if I can find your article!!! Gonna see what I can turn out

Congrads :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have to take a copy of the magazine to my high school English teacher, because no one would be more shocked than she, that I was able to write anything that ever got published. I really liked her as a teacher, but writing has always been a challenge for me. Since I was able to get this article published I have a few more items that I hope to write up and see if I can get them published in the future. The turkey calls are called pot type calls. They use friction when one takes a stick called a striker and push it against the surface and make a turkey sound. Kind of like running you finger nails down a chalk board, but with different sound and total control. The call in the front of the picture is a crow call turned from bocote.
Thanks,
Jack
100_1670.jpg

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jack,

As always, great work. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Congrats on the article and you deserve every penny. :icon_thum

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jack, as always outstanding work! Congrats again on the article - even more so it came with a check!
Jack's calls sound better than they look - I know hard to believe but its true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS