Staff member
Corporate Member
But that background check...................... :embaresse
Probably disqualify about 90% of the applicants. :gar-La;

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:

High school education required. 6 years of woodworker/cabinetmaker experience required. General experience in machine maintenance, general administration and supply administration desirable. Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects (at least 45 lbs.). Experience in dealing with high level government officials and other dignitaries desirable.

It doesn't pay enough for that :gar-La;

manfre

New User
Manfre
The pay with "Federal Employees Retirement System" would be nice if it wasn't for the recent trend of *"altering"* past retirement commitments. Although, I bet the real money comes from book and DVD sales after leaving the job.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Saw the posting on FB the other day, too. Considering they probably want people with real skills, I withheld my application.

Robert

New User
Robert
65k in DC is still poverty level. Ever try commuting there? Not a chance, I have better use of that 3-4 hours every day.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
I worked for the feds for 34 years (38 counting military time). I had a really cool job (Air Traffic Control), but take my advice....DON'T DO IT! It is so frustrating dealing with the political BS that if I hadn't been having fun at work, I wouldn't have lasted six months.

SubGuy

Administrator
Zach
Especially in working with "High level Officials". I prefer not to have dealings with them either. That position should start at 90K to commute in and work in confidence as I'm sure you'll be signing tons of agreements not to disclose anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors