A different style puzzle

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
These are two puzzles cut from BB and they are the first ones I've cut without many visual clues to aid in assembling. The pictures are of the front of the puzzles - which look exactly like the back. I think the level of difficulty should be high. I did have a quilt block pattern that I used for the basic pattern and then made up the rest.

The first one I cut piece by piece. The second one has fewer pieces, but I cut the squares and then into pieces. That made those rows more consistent so even though it has fewer pieces it is probably just as difficult.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey, no fair! There are no border pieces with flat edges to get me started. :gar-La;

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Beautiful work Cathy. :thumbs_up

Dennis beat me to the comment on the edges not being straight. That is going to add a lot to the level of difficulty.

BTW, the cats puzzle that I got from you at the picnic has been appropriated by my Granddaughter. I may have to ask you to make me something to replace it. It was looking really nice sitting on the counter top in the kitchen.

cskipper

Cathy
Beautiful work Cathy. :thumbs_up

Dennis beat me to the comment on the edges not being straight. That is going to add a lot to the level of difficulty.

BTW, the cats puzzle that I got from you at the picnic has been appropriated by my Granddaughter. I may have to ask you to make me something to replace it. It was looking really nice sitting on the counter top in the kitchen.

These puzzlers are definitely not for the faint of heart. In fact, I hope I don't have to assemble either one- lol!

Let me know about the cats and which one it was (I think it was the one with the mouse on top) and I'll be glad to cut another.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I count no fewer than 812,956 opportunities for making a heinous error! A blink of an eye, any hesitation or nervous tic and all would be lost.

Impressive skill :eusa_clap

Don Alexander

New User
Don
YIKES!!

glue it together quick before somebody accidently disassembles it :gar-La;

thats diabolical, Cathy very well done though :gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
This puzzle makes me dizzy just trying to focus on all of the inteconnecting parts.

Wonderful job, Cathy!!!

Anything close to this complexity is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond what I would attempt.:embarrassed:

Well done again, Cathy!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

cskipper

Cathy
I count no fewer than 812,956 opportunities for making a heinous error! A blink of an eye, any hesitation or nervous tic and all would be lost.

Thanks for figuring that out - I couldn't remember how for my life!

Impressive skill :eusa_clap

I couldn't agree more:swoon:

YIKES!!

glue it together quick before somebody accidently disassembles it :gar-La;

thats diabolical, Cathy very well done though :gar-Bi

I really hope I don't have to ever assemble it. I sent it to my aunt who wanted a crack at it. I did tell her that she could lightly mark the back of the pieces in pencil if she wanted to reduce the difficulty. No new email from her yet.

This puzzle makes me dizzy just trying to focus on all of the inteconnecting parts.

Wonderful job, Cathy!!!

Anything close to this complexity is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond what I would attempt.:embarrassed:

Well done again, Cathy!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Wayne

LOML asked why I would ever cut something this difficult - the challenge was too much to pass up - lol!

Glennbear

Glenn
And you thought that your patience had peaked with the fretwork owl you did a while back, apparently not. Very nicely done. :wsmile:

M

McRabbet

I saw the second one at Cathy's when I dropped off the Zebrawood on Sunday -- I left with a puzzled look on my face, I'm sure! Good thing I didn;t see the second one or I'd never had made it back to I-26!!:gar-La; Beautiful work, Cathy!

cskipper

Cathy
Rob - I couldn't show you the other one because my aunt in Richmond has it. I only hope she doesn't send it back without successfully assembling it.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I'm glad I'm not addicted to puzzles...these would take me over the edge!
Unbelievably good:icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
Thanks all. My aunt has the one with the most number of pieces. I hadn't heard from her so I checked to see if she is still speaking to me (she is). She has started on it - I'm waiting for a status update.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wow! Probably won't see any of those on the table at CRACKER BARREL. That takes patience and perseverance to cut those puzzles. Think I'll stick to clocks. Nice work Cathy! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS