A different kind of crawl

TBoomz

New User
Ron
Today I had a chance to see a variety shops on the Triad Crawl. Wasn't able to see as many as I would have liked. Got lost one time [completely my own fault - Jeremy did a great job mapping routes out]. The last was interesting; would never have thought of an "upstairs" workshop. You make do with what you have.

But last week, I got to see another woodworker's shop. It was the Tussey cabinet shop auction in Lexington, last Saturday. I went there more out of curiosity. To see how much $$$ machines would bring and the layout. I liked how he'd placed some of his tools. Would never have thought to mount routers to the wall. He used large fans in windows and not thru walls. And other things...

It occurs to me, that, I / we can check out other shops and their layouts, either auction day [ or the previews - less temptation to spend].

So, for those who missed today's crawl, here's a way to make up for it.
I usually find auctions on www.auctionzip.com

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for the info Ron.
Yes an upstairs woodworking shop, it's fun and different, I enjoy walking in that space early in the morning and working on ideas. The light is good and I really enjoy working with the hand tools. What was a riot to me was how many people we got in the room yesterday. I'm glad everyone had the opportunity to see you can work with less if you really want too.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Allen in Little Washington also has an upstairs shop - a large one - over his garage. But he has a lot of heavy equipment. He rigged up a hoist out a door in the side of the shop to lift the equipment up into the shop without using the stairs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS