A deal on carving tools???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken Kimbrell

New User
Ken
Not mine, etc... etc.
Not being a carver I have no idea if this is a deal or not, but there sure are a lot of carving tools here. :)

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/4222071574.html
00404_2t26ZRVOQFS_600x450.jpg

A large lot of wood carving tools, 149 Mastercarver gouges and chisels, 6 canvas rolls, 2 mallets. Flexcut sets SK108, SK107, Carving Jack, a couple of extras. All of these tools are new or like new except for the Flexcut sharpening boards which show use. All the Flexcut blades have had individual palm handles added since the picure was made. No rust, no nicks, no dull. All are extremely sharp and ready to use.

$3200.00 cash

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I expect that is going to be a tough sell. It is way more than an inexperienced carver would need to get started and any experienced carver that wanted as complete a set as that likely already has most of the tools included.

And you have to want the flexcut style of carving tools. There are those that really like them and then there are those of us who prefer the more traditional carving tools.

Maybe somebody will want them for a gift.

chgorugbyref

Jonathan
Corporate Member
$3200?? Typo maybe? $320 sounds more like it. +1 to Ken's comment about experienced carvers. For $3200 I can buy an awful lot of really nice tools.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
At say $20 a tool average x 150 tools is $3000. He's pricing them at close to retail. Does say they are sharpened, ready to use. But I don't see any bargain here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS