A cutter becomes a cuttee

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Sending some good thoughts your way Robert. Here's to a speedy recovery. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
The best to you Robert for successful surgery and a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

:eusa_thin Wonder if surgery would enable me to become a scroller . . . nawh!

Roger

M

McRabbet

All the best for a speedy recovery -- the decision part is the hardest and you're past that now. Just be patient and read all those back issues of Scrollsawing Heaven you've been hoarding!

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Robert
I had that surgery over a year ago. At the same time they also replaced my thumb joint and tied it all together with tendons. I have had no pain and complete freedom of movement. My only complaint is that, since I am left handed, I can no longer grip a hammer. But that's better than the pain I was having.
Good luck with your surgery.
Jim in Mayberry

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just called Sawduster's house and talked to his wife Debra. Surgery went very well. He is sore and sleepy from the happy juice they pumped into him but other then that he is fine.

Anyone want to bet that we will be back in the shop tomorrow?:wsmile:

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks for the update Scott. Yeah, he'll be either in the shop tomorrow, or trolling CL for tools :)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Good Luck Robert! I have a former coworker who had it done and after all was said and done she wished she had done it a lot earlier.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Figured I'd brush the cobwebs out of my head long enough to update :

Everything went well :eusa_clap In the aftermath I am pretty swollen and extremely sore :cry_smile I have meds for the pain but they knock me for a loop :tinysmile_tongue_t: and I've slept most of the day
Going to try to go to work tomorrow but won't be able to take the meds there so we will see how it goes

Thanx everyone for the kind and encouraging words, thoughts and phone calls . I am quite humbled by the amount of concern for lil' ol' me :embaresse

You folks are the best ! :icon_thum:icon_thum

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
You just can't keep a good North Carolina Woodworker down!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Go to bed Robert and relax!!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

Glad to hear that everything seemed to go alright for ya!!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Glad to here your surgery went well, but now is not the time to be heroic at work -- stay home, take your meds and let it heal! I don't care if you are the CEO of the company or the Judge hearing final arguments in a murder trial, remember who is No. 1 & 2 -- you and LOYL!

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Dude, don't do anything but flip through a wood catalog until the Surgeon gives the all clear. You don't want your incision to come apart. It isn't like we M&T them together. I hope you are feeling better and have a great result.

Sincerely,
BC
:eek:ccasion1

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dude, don't do anything but flip through a wood catalog until the Surgeon gives the all clear. You don't want your incision to come apart. It isn't like we M&T them together. I hope you are feeling better and have a great result.

Thanx for the advice . The doc encouraged me to use it , but not to lift or grip or push hard on anything for awhile yet. I wiggle my fingers a lot as he says this will help keep scar tissue to a minimum
Again thanx for the reminder, It feels so good now that I sometimes forget that I am still recovering :embaresse

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeH

New User
Mike
I'm glad to hear the recovery is going so well. :icon_thum You'll be back up to 100% in no time.

Bonecarver

New User
Bonecarver
Yeah! Its pretty amazing I have patients tell my in recovery that it feels better. Good luck to you and can't wait to see some pictures. Afterall this is a wood workers website not MDconsult. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS