A couple of comments from the picnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I just wanted to say that it was great to see everyone at the picnic. I always regret that there isn't more time to talk with everyone.

I wanted to say this while I was there, but forgot, I want to thank Sapwood, Gator, Tomferone, and of course Steve Coles, the exiting Board of Director members for their work and leadership. Without them there would be no NCWWer, Inc. We owe them a debt of gratitude.

While seven of the ten people who ran for the Board have been elected, it is my hope that the other candidates that stepped up and ran will provide their support and assistance throughout the next year.

For those who were not there, the Board of Directors comprises: Scott Smith, Tarheel, TracyP, Travis Porter, and returning Board members: DaveO, McRabbet, and myself. On behalf of all of us, thank you for your support.

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Congratulations to all of you!

A great year ahead and many more to come for this fantastic group and Steve Cole's vision. :icon_thum

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Thanks to all those folks who have been working so hard to get us to what I'd say is a momentous point in the saga that is NCWW, Inc!

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It was a wonderful time. Congrats to the new BoD. I think they will do a wonderful job. I am behind them 110%.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Sounds like a good time had by all! :gar-Bi

Also sounds like a good group on the BOD! Good luck, guys!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Great food, fellowship and a big congratulations to all the BOD and prize winners! Sorry we had to scoot but I'm a travelin' man and had to catch a flight to the left coast this evening. Hope to see everyone at our fall gathering.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
As a first year member, I attendend my first NCWW picnic, and what a very very nice affair indeed. Great locale, well organized, neat, orderly, friendly. I met old and new acquaintances. And as Doug said, it's only ashame there is not enought time in day to visit with everyone!

Thanks NCWW! A truly wonderful experience! It really is all about the people.

Matt

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Matt, I could not have said it better. It is truly all about the people. Dennis, thank you for the ride, I enjoyed the company very much. This year's picnic was my second one and I had a blast.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Congrats to the new BoD!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Sounds like I missed a dandy time!!!!:cry_smile

Wayne

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of change, but I feel very confident in the newly elected BOD and you all have my full support. Congrats! :icon_thum

RandyJ

New User
Randy
My congratulations to the new BOD and my gratitude to the exiting BOD for helping to make NCWWer what it is today.:icon_thum

R

rickc

I too want to toss in my two cents worth. What a great job everyone did in setting this up. Very nicely done. I know there are many more than I could possibly remember.

Was also a surprise seeing Roy there. I was fortunate enough to be able to spend time visiting with him - nice down to earth guy.

Also had a chance to catch up with some folks I have had no contact with for a while other than through the keyboard. Nice to see the faces again. Also a chance to meet some new folks, too.

These get togethers do wonders. Seeing all of the great work brought in for show and tell both reminds me how much talent there is in NCWW and far I have to go. HOWEVER - it also inspires me to get off my duff and get back into the shop and ENJOY some projects.

Finally, thanks to the departing BOD and welcome to the new. It can be a thankless job, and I hope you end your terms on the NCWW BOD without knowing of what I speak. Thanks for stepping up.

Rick

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Thank you to all who made today's event possible. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I am so glad that I was able to make it to the picnic this year. It was a great time visiting with familiar faces and meeting some members for the first time face to face! We really do have an awesome group of folks here. :icon_thum

R

rickc

Thank you to all who made today's event possible. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I am so glad that I was able to make it to the picnic this year. It was a great time visiting with familiar faces and meeting some members for the first time face to face! We really do have an awesome group of folks here. :icon_thum

Enjoyed meeting you today, Mike. And am STILL impressed with how sincere your "Yes, Dear" sounds! :gar-Bi

Rick

AudreyO

New User
AudreyO
I HATED that Ava and I could not make it to the picnic. We were attending a charity Golf Tournament for Reins From Above but sent our love. Dave spends a countless number of hours responding to posts and making sure that the website is running smoothly. He really cares about NCWW. I truly believe the NCWW picnics are the highlight of his year. Thank you NCWW for giving my husband something to do b/c we all know he is not doing laundry and scoping out spots to scrub on the kitchen floor :) Anyway, it sounds and looks like you all had a great time. I would have loved to meet Roy in person. I remember watching him when I was 5 or 6 years old because it was my Pampa's (grandpa and nicest man in the whole wide world) favorite show. Pampa was a talented wood woodworker and would always find time to stop what he was doing to watch the Woodwright shop.
-Audrey

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
It was a great picnic and my family really enjoyed themselves. Thanks to all who helped put it together - we are already looking forward to next year. Also, my son keeps talking about seeing "The Woodwright" at the picnic. :icon_thum

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Enjoyed meeting you today, Mike. And am STILL impressed with how sincere your "Yes, Dear" sounds! :gar-Bi

Rick

Likewise Rick! I've had years of practice, and my Dad taught me that bit of information early on. I did like your variations on the subject, and any man working on 2 shops must be doing something right. I'll review my notes. :icon_thum

BobcatBob

New User
Bob
Thanks to all those hard working people behind the scenes that planned and saw to it that the picnic was a great success. The BBQ was great!!:icon_thum Even the weather was great.

Congrats to the newly elected BOD.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS