A.C. Moore Closing All Stores

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Saw this on the news. Sad when any business closes because people always loose jobs. If you are near one of the stores that is closing you might be able to get some bargains on some supplies like: glue, craft paint, detail brushes, framing and matting material, etc.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
This is what happens when stores do not embrace the digital trends of the age and focus purely on foot traffic. If you do not evolve as a brick-&-mortar shop you will die off as a business in the general retail industry. AC Moore did nothing to distinguish itself from the competition (Hobby Lobby and Michael's). Honeslty, I never think of AC Moore when I need to hit up the craft store.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yup, We are all becoming obsolete ........ it does make things hard, here in Hawaii, you really notice when it becomes "only online" availability. Next day shipping in Hawaii is 4 days LOL ........... makes things go slow. All we have out here is Ben Franklin........ :rolleyes:

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
Funny, we have the opposite opinion of AC Moore. Their stores always seemed bigger inside and less cramped than Michaels. We bought a lot of frames there and my wife a lot of knitting supplies. It'll be missed. Seems like another loss to internet shopping and the increasing willingness of people to buy sight and touch unseen.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
I think some of it has to do with changing consumer attitudes to being able to get everything delivered. The other side has to do with stores being able to change with the times. With online reviews being so available for almost every product including places online like amazon even allowing reviewers to upload their own pictures it makes the sight unseen portion a lot less scary.

Online retail competition should not be a death notice to other companies though, if every retail company was equally failing it would seem so, but during this time Best Buy a retail electronic store has managed to not only survive but thrive during this time.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS