A Butt Load of Screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Last night I posted about bats being in our house. Well today, I figured where I thought they were coming and going under the corrigations of the panels on the solar collector. I decided to add more screws to clamp down on opening under panels. Well tonight after dark, I went out front, turned light on and saw a bat come from under panel. So up the ladder I went, with a couple of drills and a pocket load of screws, which are very SHARP! Instantly, I knew this wasn't going to work. Remembering a tip from one of the magazines about putting a magnet IN your pocket and placing screws on the outside. Took the magnet off my drill press that holds chuck key, put it in my back pocket, then loaded it with screws. Sure makes it easy to get hold of screws, but you have to remember to remove screws before sitting down. Should work well in the shop also.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good idea. Reminds me of being in a salvage yard some years back. The workers kept magnets in their pockets for another reason: Most stainless (except ferrous) is non magnetic, by having an article NOT pull on the magnet they knew it was worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors