A BIG Thank you

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I want to give a big thank you to my "hosts" yesterday.

I made a whirlwind tour of NC from my home in Greenville SC as I had committed to pick-up some items I had to pay for, beg for or barter for!

I first stopped at James' (@beloitdavisja) place and saw his shop and some of his laser work - Too cool! He made me a map of South Carolina with names and stars near each of the State Parks.
I was able to drop off some magazines with James for Jerry (@Jclrk) who made a donation to NCWW! (at least the mags are a little closer to Jerry...)
I got to meet Scott (@tvrgeek) and see that shiny new Harvey table saw and had a little shop and property envy! (What a nice place - this needs to be on a future shop crawl if he is willing!)

Then I moved on to see Ron (@yellofins) LET THE BARTERING BEGIN! He had a "devil with a tail" that I was wanting and said he preferred to barter rather than me pay for it - I brought a buckhorn bin of "toys" most older than me and we came to a VERY equitable agreement! ( another guy with a laser who has made some pretty cool stuff!)

Next, it was "old home week" I went out to see Fred (@FredP) and his better half to pay for and pick-up some broken-down dust collector that I convinced myself I had to have! It was worth it to see some of his chess boards and her ceramic workshop and her beautiful work!

My next visit because a raincheck and I am not sure who guessed it first... so another trip is in my future to pick-up some Baltic Birch plywood!

Oh, and the common theme - "can't wait to get these masks off, and get back to (seeing people, the picnic, shop crawls, etc...)

yellofins

Ron
Corporate Member
Thank You Hank! I have been cleaning and playing with my new "tailless" toys.
I started on a new storage shed for the planes so I have room to grow.
I am looking forward to more visits but boating and fishing season are coming up.
BTW...It was a Stanley 45 that I just started cleaning and working on.......
You are welcome to visit any time you are in town.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gee I was only an hour from FredP. Had I known you could have had a shop tour, scroll saw lesson, boat ride and adult beverages.
Dang!
I didn't realize that - I thought you were a LOT further... O.K. teed up for the next trip!

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS