6"x80" Edge Sander

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Ok people I had to drop this one on the site, I was browsing ebay looking for sanders,, well Low-and-behold I found this bad boy. It is a 6"x80" edge sander for 179.00. It is an off market brand called "ProWoodworker" I know its not top of the line, but come on, its a big machine that runs sandpaper in a circle, as long as it can track and doesnt burn up the motor I can play the adjustment game for that price. Of course I will have to paint it green to match my shop color palet. Shipping was 98.00 freight. Compared to grizzly at 544.25 deliverd I saved some money. The company is called Homier Distributing Company and they have a quite good warranty policy. If it doesnt work out it will be a cool paper weight,lol. I will let you know how it turns out being that it cost only 277.00 for this machine. Be blessed friends.

Attachments

• sander.jpg
    sander.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 256

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Michael, is the one your getting new or used? Either way that sounds like a good deal. I hope it works out well for you. Let us now when it comes in so you can give us a review.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Homier was just here in Fayetteville a few weeks ago, did you go to see them at the Expo center? I had wanted to, but my work schedule will never pan out for anything like that on the weekends. LOML/SWMBO usually has something for me to do on my only day off.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
NCPete,
Do you know very much about the company and the tools they sell? Just trying to get some background info. Be blessed friend.

windknot

Scott
Senior User
Homier does a big tool sale in Greenville every year, but I don't recall seeing any large woodworking equipment. You are correct, if it will track straight and turn the paper without motor problems it is a great deal. Let us know how this works out. I would love a big edge sander.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
kind of like Harbor Freight, only without the advantage of the local stores, some of their stuff is good, some of it is junk.

HardRock

New User
Gil
I bought my sheetrock lift from Homier, every bit as nice as units costing hundreds more. I did notice a lot of there stuff is junkier than HF.....just depends on what it is. I was able to catch there sale over in Concord so I got to see the unit first hand before buying.

The picture of the sander may be off scale or something, but it looks more like a 6 X 48 than a 6 X 80........hopefully not a misprint. Let us know how it turns out.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I purchased a mobile base from Homier for my BS saw online. The price was extremely cheap, but the quality was good. My decision was based on good info on the item--generally I would be cautious about their products.

Sapwood

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
guess I will have to wait and see, I will make sure I take lots of pics and let you know what I think. As long as it sands, I will be happy, I checked the specs again and it said it is deff 6"x80". be blessed friends

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Well everyone the sander arrived today,,looks good so far. Putting it togeather will have to wait though becouse I have to get ready to pick up my drum sander. You can see the progress in my album. I know its not top of the line, so if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it function better let me know. Be blessed friends.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/gallery/browseimages.php?c=206

Last edited:

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Well, you now get the courtesy YOU SUCK!!!

I have no knowledge of this specific unit. My only suggestions are take your time, get your dial indicator out, your precision square and ruler out, and ensure you adjust everything to picture perfect.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
thanks travis i sure will. I am getting everything ready for my drum sander trip tomorow though so I cant to do much with the edge sander tonight. Be blessed friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS