6 inch dado blades article

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
I thought I remember seeing in one of the recent woodworking mags a teaser about an article for 6 inch dado blades. It was either going to be in a future issue, or they were previewing them on their web site. Does anyone else remember seeing this? Popular Woodworking, Wood, American Woodworker???? I've gone back through them and I still can't find it.
Thanks for any help,
Tom Swortzel

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Tom,

I believe it is in the article is supposed to be in the upcoming issue of WOOD.

R

rickc

Just so happens I have the November 2008 issue of Wood handy. You are correct. The next issue will have 6" stacked dado sets in their tool test section. Their teaser:

"Most of us cut dadoes less than an inch deep, so a 6" diameter set will handle all of our needs - and save money over an 8" set. Find the blades that best meet your needs."

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I like my Freud 6 inch "Pro" set, their least expensive. It will be interesting to see how it does.

Jim

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Jim I've been looking at those, seeing them for about $90. Is that about right? I'm going to wait for the reviews now though before I buy.

Tom

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have that $90 set and it works great for my limited needs. For the amount I use it I could not justify spending a lot more. Remember if you are DQ qaulified you will get 10% off at Kingspor.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Yes, $90 is about right. woodworker.com has it for $85 (6 inch). Rockler has it for the same price. Rockler also has an Oshlun set for $70. I do not know much about it but I think the Rockler site has reviews by people who have purchased it. It might be worth a look.

I tried several sets before getting my Freud, however. They were wasted money. Trying to go cheap didn't work for me on dado sets.

Waiting for the Wood article makes sense.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS