52", 192HP, Two Sided Planer in Zebulon at Oak City Customs

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
1668196246426.png

https://www.facebook.com/stories/10...IOK5RYsLwb83lpXfSvocvslWaiqqaFc&__tn__=<<,P-R
1668196301901.png
Possibly the largest of its kind on the entire East Coast, our newest toy is officially up & running!

Introducing our NorthTech Machine Double-Sided Planer!
With 192 horsepower, this machine will surface both sides of 52” wide material in a single pass
1f633.png

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
WOW!!!!! I'll bet the breeze coming off of that cutterhead at full speed is a bit intimidating. 192 HP!!!!!!

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wonder if they will run slabs for customers. Be worth the drive
You would probably have to sign a liability assumption if there is metal in the wood. :eek:
Is this a spiral cutter head (a.k.a. Shelix)?

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
Be worth it. I’ve got six 40 inch wide walnut slabs about ten foot long that I was not looking forward to trying to flatten.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
$1.50/sqft...I think that is a very reasonable price. Over the years I have had several projects that would have benefited from this service.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
This is Exactly what I need to plane down those thin redwood trim pieces............

192 hp ought to do the trick for sure !

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Remember, it's two sided, so no need to joint one face first. Last planer that I saw in that size range was a 60" Powermatic when I worked one summer at Koppers in Morrisville. They made laminated trusses. Use gantry cranes to get them to and thru planer. For sanding, we used floor sanders Trusses were up on steel saw horses, and gantry crane was use to lift sander up on truss , along with operator (me.)

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
Wow! Very reasonable charge, for sure.
At 12 cents /kWhr it cost them over $17/hr to run that monster - good thing most jobs probably take only seconds.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS