50 cal shell engraving

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I am working on a very special commision for a deployed service member on the USS Monterey. I need to find someone who can do some simple engraving on a 50 cal shell . Name on one side , short phrase on the other . Anyone got any suggestions ? i live in Youngsville so the closer the better . BTW Brad was the first one I checked with and he cannot help with this one
TIA

NCTurner

New User
Gary
Hey Bro, if no one here can help, I'd check over on SMC. Surely someone here does scrimshaw work though.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
I'll need to check on how it does with reflective metals.
Should have an answer for you tomorrow.

Glennbear

Glenn
I was going to suggest laser also, I know a firm where I used to live used a laser to engrave dental drill handpieces. :wsmile:

sawduster

New User
Robert
I'll need to check on how it does with reflective metals.
Should have an answer for you tomorrow.

I realize new brass is a reflective metal but this casing is slightly tarnished, has some powder burns at the end and will not be polished in case that matters . I may put a protective coating on it afterwards so it doesn't tarnish further but depending on how the engraving goes , I may not ....still in the creative/advisory stages on that part. The idea is to keep it in it's " spent " stage
the engraving will only be 2 words on each side placed so it can be read while lying horizontally

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Morts on West Davie in downtown Raleigh has done excellent work several times

mckenziedrums

New User
Tim
Jewelry shops are the places to check with... they do engravings all the time. I wouldn't go laser with brass, better to do a mechanical engraving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS