4mm allen wrench with a T handle

Status
Not open for further replies.

William Roscoe

New User
William
I am getting tired of changing jaws on my supernova chuck with that small allen wrench it comes with. Anyone know a good place to pick up a 4 mm allen wrench that's a little longer and has a T handle? Craft supply did not have one.

Elmojo

New User
Mike
No sweat. Even better, if you get one of the 20% or 25% coupons, it's even cheaper.
The ones I see in stores are color-coded, and may be a different item/price than the one I linked to. YMMV. :)

Emcguy

New User
Erik
I ordered mine (for the same purpose) from Amazon and got it in 2 days with prime free shipping. Don't remember exactly, but I think it was about $7.

Gunslinger

New User
Mike
Unless you just want a longer arm.... take a piece of good hardwood and saw a kerf in it.
Go back to the lathe and turn it to you comfort then epoxy the short arm into the kerf. Has worked for me on several occasions and I have never broken the "handle".
And you have a new project to turn.:D

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Here is a link for one that will actually fit and is made from real steel and most importantly Made in the USA and less than $5. There is a rumor out that Harbor Freight may not be selling Made in the USA :)
http://www.suncoasttools.com/Products/Bondhus/HexTHandleWrenches.html

I'm sure this wrench is long since bought and screw tightened, but I'll add that these Bondhus t wrenches (same brand/product as link above) have a great feel and tactile feedback. You can get a metric set for $25. For the amount of hex wrenching these woodworking tools require, it strikes me as a good buy from a good company.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Try it. Get a 5/32nd Allen wrench and stick it in the 4 mm socket to test for fit. Its the only metric/English standard that come that close. The theoretical difference is that the 5/32nd wrench is .0012" smaller. Most Allen keys will vary more than that from maker to maker regardless of what size is printed on the shank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS