48 inch table repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
My daughter and SIL have a 100+ year old dining table that needs veneer repair.

Table is 48 inch round with 2-3 insert leaves.

They live near Yanceyville, NC.

Does anyone here want to look at this for them?

Reply/send a PM and I will get you in touch.

Awaiting more pics.

Chuck

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 264
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 259

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I have done lots of repairs on these tables done in oak. It needs to be peeled back and re veneered.

I am in Durham and that's a ways from Yville. If they want to bring the table top down to my shop, I can do this repair. Cost of the veneer and 20/hour.

Sorry don't know anyone in your area but be careful as you shop around that some "hack" doesn't use Gorilla glue on it and make matters worse.

good luck

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yanceyville is not really that far from Dan's shop in Durham and I'm sure they'll be happy with the result if they let him do it. He has the expertise and experience working with veneers that is required to make it right again. I've taken a workshop from him on veneering and he really knows what he is doing. Highly recommended.

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
Yanceyville is not really that far from Dan's shop in Durham and I'm sure they'll be happy with the result if they let him do it. He has the expertise and experience working with veneers that is required to make it right again. I've taken a workshop from him on veneering and he really knows what he is doing. Highly recommended.

I've seen Dan's work in the photo gallery and in various posts here and recommended him. Awaiting a response from my daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS