4/4 Beech is on sale at Capital City Lumber

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was at Capital City Lumber in Raleigh on Monday to get some beech for a project. The 4/4 beech is on sale now for $4.95 bd ft. This is European beech that is perfect for making hand planes. Most of what that had in stock is quarter-sawn as well. Beech is a bit hard to find so thought I'd pass this along. They also have a lot of their other hardwoods included in their Fall Sale as well. See the price list here: HARDWOODS FALL SALE | Capitol City Lumber.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
I wouldn't say it's preferred, but it would make a nice bench. I doubt they had enough for such a project. The 4/4 they had was good. Not so for the 8/4. There wasn't much 8/4 and much of it was warped or bowed.

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
I was at Capital City Lumber in Raleigh on Monday to get some beech for a project. The 4/4 beech is on sale now for $4.95 bd ft. This is European beech that is perfect for making hand planes. Most of what that had in stock is quarter-sawn as well. Beech is a bit hard to find so thought I'd pass this along. They also have a lot of their other hardwoods included in their Fall Sale as well. See the price list here: HARDWOODS FALL SALE | Capitol City Lumber.
Thanks for the tip Jim. I picked up a couple of 4/4 boards that have ray fleck on the faces.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS