4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer Restoration & Shop-Made Cabinet

KC7CN

New User
Don
I found this nice old 4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer, Model Number 103.23340 on craigslist. It was in very good condition, so there wasn't a lot to do to make it look and run like new again. The original finish was faded! I was unable to find a matching color, so I used some Internet tools to create a close match to paint on the underside of the blade guard. I have no historical knowledge about this tool.

The custom cabinet was designed specifically for this Jointer. The motor is rated at 1/2HP - my Dad gave it to me several years ago!

My intention was to upload the photos to this site - always my first choice, however I have not mastered the new user interface. For the time being, the photos are in my Google Photo Album.

BVrSoY

Link to Google Album for all the photos: 4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer

-Don

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
great job.....I used to have one of those jointers...worked well for small stock. Love the cabinet also

llucas

luke
Senior User
Don, I love everything about this restoration...the detail, the "completeness", the craftsmansip. I keep going back to the pics and see something new each time. Thanks for sharing.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice project, that came out great. Would make for a great router table too!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS