36 router bits, $39.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
36 HSS Bits. Made by Mastercut. I have no experience with Mastercut. But $40, for 36 bits and a case, free shipping. May be worth it if you have light use.

Router bits.

Last edited:

newtonc

New User
jak
The only thing that comes to my mind is
"you get what you pay for"
and how about
"if it sounds to good to be true..."
just my opinion
And have you ever noticed how Amazon's "list price" is no where near what it actually sells for?
Spend more for the bits you need that are good.Do not spend less on sets that are below par with bits you may never need.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Never been much on "sets". Order what I need, when I need it. As a negative these are HSS, not carbide. Probably have a life expectancy measured in minutes. I still have most of my original Craftsman HSS set, from over thirty years ago. Want to guess why?

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
First hand experience: HSS 1/2" roundover bit, bought Tuesday July 31, 2007 for $8. I had not finished two 48" 2'$'s when the bit was turning black, burning the wood. I was moving as fast as the bit could cut.

I would not have wasted money on the bit, but I needed to do that bit of work.

I got a 20 pc carbide set for a bargain. Four of the bits had odd-sized shafts (supposed to be 1/4"); you could just get the shafts into the collet, and if you did, it was heck getting them out (I managed not to bust a knuckle). The rest of the bits are OK, so I survived that bargain.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Never been much on "sets". Order what I need, when I need it. As a negative these are HSS, not carbide. Probably have a life expectancy measured in minutes. I still have most of my original Craftsman HSS set, from over thirty years ago. Want to guess why?

Actually, the ad says they are carbide. But, my hangup would be that they are ¼" shanks. I normally only use ¼" shanks for small bits that are not available in ½".

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors