3-in-1 Crib plans

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Got another grand baby on the way. We (son and I) build this crib twice already but lost my plans due to hard drive crash. I want to think i purchased them originally from woodcraft. Does anyone know where is the best place to purchase downloadable plans?
412259D.0.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yep, Ted's 16,000 plans. We just had several messages earlier this week...

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
plans? plans? We don't need no stinking plans! :p

I know... Build around the springs. Still nice for reference for us non FredP types.

I was thinking white ash for the primary and either cherry or walnut secondary. Or I could do red maple and cherry or walnut. Or I might be able to talk my son out of QS spalted Sycamore, that would be nice.
My choices are kind of limited by the amount of dry lumber in the shop.

Grand baby is a girl :) can't wait to spoil her.

Last edited:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Jeff here's a good thread on Bromley's crib build for you to research, it has some links to plans.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I used plans from Wood magazine but I do not think they are really good plans and they are not cheap. But my daughter in law likes the crib.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I know... Build around the springs. Still nice for reference for us non FredP types.

I was thinking white ash for the primary and either cherry or walnut secondary. Or I could do red maple and cherry or walnut. Or I might be able to talk my son out of QS spalted Sycamore, that would be nice.
My choices are kind of limited by the amount of dry lumber in the shop.

Grand baby is a girl :) can't wait to spoil her.
Jeff,
the rest of the known world are "non FredP types!"
There is only ONE FredP!:eek:

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Let me check with Reggie and my shop built one for him bout a yr ago. Fred is right dont need no steeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeking plan;):oops::cool:o_O:D:D

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Here's my take on the 3 in 1 plans in sawmill white ash and cherry, mineral oil and bees wax finish. Its soild and heavy, I told my daughter and son in law, if a tornado, flip over the crib and get inside :)

BTW Products America went out of business. Lucky I'm re-using the spring frame from a previous one made. The bolts and threaded inserts can be found on amazon.

IMG_20191207_165654.jpg

The 3 in 1 plans were used for pretty pictures and a few measurements only. As you can see I didn't follow them or I would still be making the crib. Those instructions are something else...

Last edited:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work, Jeff! Cherry and Ash work extremely well together!!!

BTW Congrats on the new grandchild!I

Wayne

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS