3/4" Acetal Rod - Local Source in Cornelius

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I found this company on a internet search a few weeks ago. They have all sorts of plastic sheets and rods. I wanted some for bushings for the pen turning I need to start on with Christmas fast approacting. The source Alex told me about was sold out and I waited too long to get the special from Peachtree down in Atlanta.

I emailed the guy to see about selling small amounts and he said he'd sell to anybody. The rod comes in 10' lengths so he wants to sell it in minimums, I think 5' cost me just under $ 11. They had it ready and waiting when my wife went to pick it up for me.

Of course as a tool collector I haven't used it yet, but it is pretty in my garage.

http://www.cncplastics.com/acetals.htm

I dealt with Scott Pascoe, srpascoe@msn.com, 800-265-7351

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
If anyone is interested, I have some high density and low density polyethylene rod that you could have for free. They are 1/2 inch in diameter and about 6 inches long and I have a bunch of them. I don't know much about turning pens but this stuff will help you guys out, let me know.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Not that I've ever successfully done it, but what I've seen and plan to do is to make temporary copies of your metal bushings with the acetal rod.

the CA glue doesn't stick to this so then you can get your pieces apart easier after finishing them.

i initially tried this technique with some high density propylene without much luck. i used a square yard stick and found it too soft to hold up to turning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS