2023 Golden Mallet Award

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Once again it is time to nominate members for the Golden Mallet award. This annual award will be presented to the member(s) selected as the best representative of the spirit of NCWW, the friendliest and most helpful woodworking site on the internet.

Nominations should be posted to this thread (current board members excluded). The nomination period shall run from now until March 16 and voting will run from March 17 until March 24.

The award will be presented at the annual picnic, May 20th.

The Golden Mallet award is presented to the person that in the opinion of the membership "Most represents the goals and spirit of NCWW".
Rules:

Previous winners are not eligible.

• Current Board members are not eligible, i.e., (bowman, Dee2, Graywolf, Hmerkle, Mrfixit71, Oka, PhilS,) .
Previous winners
2013- Mike Davis
2014- Bill Clemmons
2015- b4man and Charlie
2016- Ethan Poole
2017- PhilS
2018- Bruce Swanson
2019- Skymaster
2020- Berta and Richard (Graywolf)
2021- Hank Merkle (Hmerkle) and Scott Miller (ScottM)
2022– Neal Bowman

Here's a refresher describing the goals and spirit of NCWW
The goal of www.ncwoodworker.net is to provide a welcoming atmosphere that fosters a unique sense of community for any North Carolina woodworker who wishes to either participate or lurk. The main aspects to meeting these goals are:

1. Guests and members surfing our site should feel that they are welcome and that participating in our site is a worthwhile and pleasant experience. We strive to maintain a polite and helpful tone in our posts, replies, and questions.
  2. We seek to ensure that guests and members of their families are comfortable viewing site content.
  3. Members may post threads, comments, replies, questions, and make suggestions without fear of abuse from other members or staff.
  4. We wish to create an atmosphere that fosters attitudes about other members that are conducive to a desire to meet others in person and help each other both on the site and in person.
Please add your nominations to this thread.

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is my pleasure to nominate pop-pop for the 2023 Golden Mallet award
A quick search of Mike's numerous post will show why he deserves this award. Plus Mike was the guest instructor on two high-vise workshops - the great vise is his design and he is busy working on his next design
Please show pop-pop your appreciation by voting for him
Thanks

Rob in NC

Rob
Senior User
So many good options so I'll leave nominations to others, however I will say that in the time I've been here, the tenants that yall have tried to abide by regarding atmosphere and culture have been spot on. I dont frequent a lot of forums in general, but there is always some saber rattling somewhere going on. Havent witnessed that nor any egos here. Kudos to both staff and members.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
I'd like to nominate Michael Mathews for his constant willingness to help others both in the forum and around the community. To name but a few instances - he's helped members with electrical issues (motors, switches, drive circuits), offered his CNC and 3D printers, turned various pieces for members, offered to teach, offered his shop and even helped a disabled young man whom he didn't know on a moment's notice. He's always one of the first to volunteer his time and services when the need arises. He truly represents the spirit of this group in every sense.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS