2020 Board of Directors election now open.

FlyingRon

Ron
If you are a corporate member, you are eligible and encouraged to vote in the election. Information on the election and candidates are in this thread in the corporate members' forum:

A reminder that the requirement for being a Corporate Member:

You must have been a member for at least 180 days.
You must have made at least ten posts on the forum.
You must have created an "about me" thread in the appropriate forum.
You must have logged in at least once in the past 30 days.
You must have "opted in" to corporate membership and provided us your legal mailing address.

FlyingRon

Ron
I've had an inquiry about how to "opt in" or otherwise become a corporate member, so I'll amplify the instructions. First off, if you're not a corporate member (or some other level), you can find out why by clicking on your name at the top right of the site and selecting Account Details. You'll find a box on that page typed "Next Promotion Info" which will tell you what you need to do to get to the next level. The user levels are computed every night by an automated process (so if you suddenly meet the requirements one day, come back tomorrow to check to see if you've been promoted). At the same time it fills in that field to tell you where you're falling short of the next level.

Being a member for 180 days (and being logged in at least once in the past 30) is pretty self explanatory. Your join date is in your profile. If you're logged into the site, you've been on in the last 30 days (we do this just to clear out the people who NEVER log in anymore. Once you come back, you go back to your previous status after the nightly update).

Making ten posts is pretty self-explanatory. Your post count is again in your profile.

There is a forum section marked "Who we are?" here: Who We Are

If you create a new thread in there that tells us about you, that counts as the "about me" post. (It also counts as one of your 10 posts).

In your account details you must provide an actual USPS mailing address (this is a legal requirement) and your phone number.

In preferences, right about all the DQ opt in, there's a "corporate member opt-in". Just change that to YES.

Do all these things, and you can see the Corporate Members section of the forum which is where the elections (and the little blurbs on the candidates are).

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS