2017 Exstravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Folks we had a great time at the Exstravaganza this year. Large crowds were present both days. Our demos were a great success. Phil showed the folks how to make flowers with wood curls. Mike Matthews had lots of people watching and asking about his wood burning. Richard (graywolf)was there both days showing the folks howto make a Dutch tool chest with hand tools. And Berta had lots of people asking about scroll saw work . As usuall we had lines for the Light Sabers and our new lathes performed great. Our hats are off to Coleman and his staff for a great event and a big thank you for inviting us again.Our biggest than you is for all the NCWW volunteers that turned out and helped make this event run smoothly.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1424 (1).jpg
    IMG_1424 (1).jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 362
  • IMG_1426.jpg
    IMG_1426.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1429.jpg
    IMG_1429.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 352
  • IMG_1447.jpg
    IMG_1447.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 360

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
It was great fun! Thanks to all that were there and that showed up to support NCWW! I met Russ Claridy and Sterling Davis at the show. Two great guys! Very down to earth and friendly. It was a great event.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Great pics, wish I could have come down to be a part. I'm so proud of all who represent NCWW so well, thanks for being there for us. Jim

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a great time working this event. I met so many good folks while doing the build and I haven't had so many good conversations on the subject of woodworking and tools in in a long time. I can see this happening again.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It was my great pleasure to finally meet Richard, alias Graywolf! Thank you for all your great work demonstrating traditional woodcraft!

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I swung by the booth on Saturday to meet Michael - I had bought a planer off the classifieds here a year ago but had never actually met him! (some coworkers picked up the planer when they were in town for a conference). Glad to put a face to the username. The light saber lines looked busy all day, and it looks like not just the kids were in on the fun. I watched Greywolf working on the Dutch Tool Chest for a bit too. Fun stuff!

I watched a bit of the Robert Sorby guy doing demos of the texturing and spiraling tool. Was also interested since I recently picked up a Sorby Sovereign system handle at Woodcraft that was on clearance and I'm loving it.

I talked with the guys at the Nova Teknatool booth. I have a G3 chuck that I had gotten last christmas as a gift, and I was explaining to him a small problem I have with it. Gave me his card and told me to email him once I knew where it was purchased from. Emailed him today and got a very prompt response. Shout out to them for standing by their product, and a Senior VP freely giving his contact info for an issue like this.

Lastly, I drooled over some tool purchases and made a note that when the time came to upgrade, this show is the place to do it. Left the show with some book purchases, a free Fine Woodworking hat, and a Klingspor lathe bargain box o' sandpaper. All in all, it was great and I hope to be back next year.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
This was the first Klingspors Extravaganza where I never had time to visit all the exhibits. I was kept so busy answering questions about the Dewalt scroll saw Coleman let us use at my hometown woodcrafter's booth, as well as about pens and scroll saw work, I couldn't even get time to get something to eat. OK, I know what y'all are thinking, it wouldn';t hurt me to miss a meal, but this was the busiest I ever saw this show. Now I'm looking forward to next year, and hoping to somehow get our woodcrafters' group to show up and help! NCWW members showed up in force, and I'm really proud to be associated with such really great folks! NCWW rocks!:banana:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I too was very pleased with the number of NCWW volunteers that showed up to help us this year. We had enough people in the booth that all were able to take breaks and enjoy the rest of the show.

Coleman and Klingspor really put on a class act this year to benefit all woodworkers in the area and it is much appreciated as well. I look forward again to next year. If it continues to be bigger and better the next will be colossal.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I too was thankful for all the help we had, I will wish for one or two more volunteers so we could take a few more breaks (see the show, and participate in some other activities!)

BUT, we had a LOT of visitors and I think we handled them relatively quickly...

I think everyone feels like they get personalize attention when they come to the NCWW booth! (people were asking questions, getting answers or where to find answers)
"Woodn't you like to be part of a group whose motivating force is helping and teaching others?"

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, just so you know, I had to run over to my wood storage and I found a couple pieces of quarter sawn wood that will make a great winding sticks. I plan on making a few sets, I'll save you some materials and we'll figure out how to get you some.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hank, just so you know, I had to run over to my wood storage and I found a couple pieces of quarter sawn wood that will make a great winding sticks. I plan on making a few sets, I'll save you some materials and we'll figure out how to get you some.

I would love that!
I also have a piece of ebony or VERY dark rosewood drying with that EXACTLY in-mind!
(It is so dark, I cannot tell the grain direction!)

I SO wish we were closer to collaborate on a number of projects!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS