2011 Spring Raffle Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

We had a great turnout with great food and loads of door prizes at the Picnic today! We had nearly $1,000 in Raffle Ticket sales at the Picnic and set a new record for total sales at $5,100!! Thanks everyone for making this a great success!

The weather even cooperated until all of the principal activities were completed, culminating in the Raffle Drawing. Here are the results:

Lot Description Ticket No. and Winner

Lot 1 - Rikon Bandsaw No.378184 Chris Merrill
Lot 2 - Jet Lathe No.377688 Joe Bradshaw
Lot 3A - $100 Eagle America Gift Certificate No.378243 Steve Lee
Lot 3B - $100 Eagle America Gift Certificate No.378472 Mike Whitehead
Lot 4 - Kreg K4 Pocket Hole Jig No.378052 Greg Smith
Lot 5 - $500 Woodworking Class Certificate at Greg Paolini Studio No.378284 Ethan Poole
Lot 6 - Lee Valley Bullnose Plane No.377733 Tim Fitz
Lot 7 - Lee Valley #6 Fore Plane No.377609 Thrt15NC
Lot 8 - Lee Valley Low-Angle Block Plane No.378403 Rich Cox
Lot 9 - Woodpeckers 24" Precision T-Square & Saw Gauge No.377601 Bob Mascarella*
Lot 10A - 1 Seat in One-Day Workshop at the Woodwright's School No.377496 Ron Mathes
Lot 10B - 1 Seat in One-Day Workshop at the Woodwright's School No.377822 Evans Harris
Lot 10C - 1 Seat in One-Day Workshop at the Woodwright's School No.378454 Dan Hignight
Lot 10D - 1 Seat in One-Day Workshop at the Woodwright's School No.377719 Brian Luthart
Lot 11 - Kreg Deck Jig No.378278 Amy Dowden
Lot 12 - Easy Wood Tools Ci2m and Ci3m Carbide Lathe Tools No.377893 Joe Cowan
Lot 13 - 50 BD FT 4/4 Zebrawood No.377908 Brian Weavil
Lot 14 - Amboynia Burl No.377547 Martin Roper
Lot 15 - Lie-Nielsen Toolworks Cross Peen Hammer No.377504 Ron Mathes

* Dan Snyder took this lot for Bob since they are neighbors.

For those not present at the Picnic to take their prizes, please contact me for arrangements about getting your prize.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Congratulations to all the winners.

I was lucky enough to win an NCWW hat and also one of the donated trebuchet's. Actually, my wife won the trebuchet, but she left early.

I was not present when my number was called so I did not hear the name of the person that made and donated the trebuchet's. Can anyone let me know who that was? TIA.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Congratulations to all the winners.

I was lucky enough to win an NCWW hat and also one of the donated trebuchet's. Actually, my wife won the trebuchet, but she left early.

I was not present when my number was called so I did not hear the name of the person that made and donated the trebuchet's. Can anyone let me know who that was? TIA.

It was Joe Scharle

eyekode

New User
Salem
Joe Bradshaw has amazing spinny karma :). He help me learn basic turning and even gave me a chainsaw lesson. So I think it is just right that he went home with the lathe!
Salem

Bryan S

Bryan
Congrats all you winners :eusa_danc, as for me, maybe next time. What a great prize package, another awesome job.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I don't do turning, so this beautiful chunk of wood is pretty much wasted on me.

Can I donate this to NCWW to sell in the classifieds with the proceeds going to the site?

Feel free to do that if it is what you want to do. It will sell quickly.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
I don't do turning, so this beautiful chunk of wood is pretty much wasted on me.

Can I donate this to NCWW to sell in the classifieds with the proceeds going to the site?

Martin,

I sent you a PM.

And Congrats to ALL the Winners~! YOU ALL ROCK~! :eusa_clap :icon_thum :eusa_clap

bluthart

New User
Brian
Holy Moley! I never win anything, but I won this time! That is so cool, thanks NCWW for putting this on! I hope everyone had a blast at the picnic. I hope to see y'all around soon. I am already checking out the classes to choose from!

M

McRabbet

Yep... don't even have to be in the country to win! Now all I have to do is pry it outta Dan's hands :gar-La;.

Thanks everyone for the great prizes!
I could say "Dan who?", but that wouldn't be cricket! However, you've got two "it's" to extract from his grasp -- there is a 24" Precision T-Square and a nice Saw Gauge!

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
As a heads up to those following this thread:

Due to my health, I will have to either sell or trade Greg Paolini's $500 Studio Certificate to someone who can get some real benefit and enjoyment from it. Because of my illness, it takes me 10-20 times longer to complete tasks than most of you here, so I would barely have time to get my shoes tied before the class was over. I know there are some very gifted and up-and-coming woodworkers here who could really benefit from this. Hopefully Greg can forgive me, but it seems like a sin to let a generous offer such as his go to waste! (<sigh> what I would give for remission!)

I'm really happy to hear that NCWW set a new record for this Spring's raffle and am grateful for I, and the 1,010 other tickets purchased by folks! :icon_thum

M

McRabbet

I am contacting Ethan and Gregory Paolini concerning his prize since Greg has asked that it not be transferred.

M

McRabbet

I am contacting Ethan and Gregory Paolini concerning his prize since Greg has asked that it not be transferred.

I am pleased to announce that Wes Johnson (Kicbak) has been selected as the new winner after Ethan announced that he could not accept this prize due to his illness.

Congratulations, Wes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS