1st Real Attempt to Scroll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Well here goes!!!

I decided to pull out the Tradesman scroll saw :)lol: :lol: ) and give scroll work a shot. I saw a plan for a plant stand that was supported with six angel figure's. Looked simple enough for my first shot at the art. (Thanks Cathy, for both your inspiration as well as sharing your sanding techniques.:eusa_clap )

Here are a couple of pics before the final sanding and a few coats of Waterlox.

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=6446
(As I look at the picture, I see that I have quite a bit of glue "squeeze-out" that I need to take of :BangHead: .)

Oh well! Made for the LOML's birthday. Just need to finish it and find a decent plant to set in it and it should be good to go.

May need to try to move on to something a little more challenging.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I like that, get that squeeze out and you'll be good. How did you shape the "faces" of the angels, they look perfectly uniform :eusa_clap

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
How did you shape the "faces" of the angels, they look perfectly uniform :eusa_clap

Dave:smile:

I cheated, Dave!:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Bought a package of wooden 1/2 wren eggs at the hobby store!:)

Thanks for the comments!

Wayne

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Looks great! Gives me inspiration to try my hand at it, now that I have a scroll saw. Even though it is still in the box in the dining room :slap: .

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I cheated, Dave!:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Bought a package of wooden 1/2 wren eggs at the hobby store!:)

Thanks for the comments!

Wayne

You didn't cheat, you utilized your resources excellently. I would have never thought of something like that :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wayne,

That looks pretty cool to me. I'd like to give scrolling a shot someday!

LOYL will be pleased.

Chuck

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
All Done! (5 coats of Waterlox)

Completed_Plant_Stand.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS