183" Bandsaw Blades - VERY inexpensive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Guys and Gals of NCWWR.net,

We had a special order go bad so we have 10 each of Timberwolf Sawblades at fantastic prices.....Hope someone on here has a Laguna MBAND245200 24" Italian Bandsaw or a Powermatic 2415B 24" Monster! May be other bandsaws will take 183 but take a look.

Prices are right!

Coleman Fourshee
Klingspor's Woodworking Shop

http://www.woodworkingshop.com/category.aspx?id=26&f1=BANDSAW&f2=183"

Hope this is not in wrong place to post........

Happy Woodworking!

By the way, all of our stores are open today - Snow can't stop us!!!! :D

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I might just have to run out and get a 24" bandsaw so I can run these blades:D:wsmile::eusa_danc
Gotta be a big step up from my aging (blue) 14" Jet, right?

Seriously, thanks for the notice, but I'm sorry to say that those are not a great fit for my Jet-blue BS.

Last edited:

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Thats no bargain!!! call:

Don
2115 Shore St
High Point, NC 27263
336 434-2136

He made 2 , 156" blades for me, one 1/4" wide and one 3/4" wide for $33.

Last edited:

woodworkingshop.com

Coleman
User
Thats no bargain!!! call:

Don
2115 Shore St
High Point, NC 27263
336 434-2136

He made 2 , 145" blades for me, one 1/4" wide and one 3/4" wide for $38.

OK Chris,

You got me!

It's a bargain from our normal pricing on Super Quality Swedish Steel Timberwolf blades! Don's blades may be a great bargain as well so now folks have choices.

Coleman

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
The Timber Wolf blades are made from Swedish silicone steel, a better steel, and more expensive, for use as band saw blades. Timber Wolf blades cost more because they are more expensive to manufacture.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Chris, if I were Coleman, I believe I would take offense at your tone. You give the impression that perhaps Coleman is trying to pull a fast one. I have known and worked with Coleman and Klingspor for over 13years. Not once in that time has Coleman and Klingspor been anything but upfront and very fair. I know that when Coleman provides deal, it is the best he can do within the requirements of running a business.

Additionally, your basis for criticism only mentions price. You don’t tell us who makes the the blade roll that Don cuts his blade from or any other info. So we really have no basis for comparison.

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
In all my years as a mechanical engineer, ...Also, I never knew the Swedes were renowned for great steels either, maybe I missed that day, but I have been working for a Swedish automaker for nearly 13 years now.

Not to hijack someone else’s thread, but Chris, If Swedish automotive manufacturing isn’t using “great steels” then are they using poor, inferior, low grade steels?

Back to Timberwolf bandsaw blades which I’ve always understood to be one of the two very best bandsaw blades available to us. The other being Lennox. Though honorable mention should also go to Highland Woodwork’s blades.

Now, I’m not even sure I’ve ever even seen a bandsaw that uses 183” x 1 1/4” blade, but I’m sure that if I did own one, I could pony up the princely sum of $32.96 to outfit it with a world class low tension blade manufactured with high ductile Swedish Silicon Steel that has electro hardened milled teeth.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
In all my years as a mechanical engineer, Ive never heard of silicone steel.... silicon, yes, but that has very specific uses since its magnetic, but I doubt that's what you meant. Also, I never knew the Swedes were renowned for great steels either, maybe I missed that day, but I have been working for a Swedish automaker for nearly 13 years now.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-sheet-...n-transformer-cores-rather-than-anything-else

http://timberwolfblades.com/Suffolk-Machinery.php

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think the generalization on Swedish steel is a carryover from WWII when the Germans were forced to use Swedish coal to make their armaments. It seems that the coal they had in Germany was of too poor a quality to use for coke in steel making, hence the assumption that Swedish steel was better because it used the better coal. JMTCW
As for the bandsaw blades, I'm sure Coleman is offering them at a loss just to get them off the shelf. I would........ Items such as that will just gather dust unless you do a turnover on them.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't like them, then don't buy them. I'm not a fan of Timberwolf blades, but if I were and had a saw that they fit, I would be all over then like a duck on a June bug! Great price for a Timberwolf blade. Thanks Coleman.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'd just like to thank one of our supporters - Klingspor's Woodworkingshop.com for offering a bargain to our members. The negative reaction this has gotten from one of our members is unfortunate as it may limit these opportunities for all of us in the future. Take advantage of the offer if it suits you or just pass if it doesn't. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS