18” full extension drawer slides

Shop Guy

New User
Frank
I am trying to organize my workshop to start building some cabinetry and furniture. I am not very knowledgeable about the sources of supply for drawer slides. I am looking for a competitive source to purchase 75-100 lb. capacity, full-extension, drawer slides. I would be willing to buy 10 to 12 pair at a time. Any suggestions?

Frank
Shop Guy

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I'd recommend Custom Service Hardware (CSHardware.com) in Wisconsin. Very good prices and quality on all kinds of cabinet hardware. I have purchased many drawer slides and other hardware from them.

llucas

luke
Senior User
I second CSHardware. Great prices. Be sure to peruse their entire site to find the best prices

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
I've become fond of the Accuride 3832E/3834E. Quiet and smooth. Some of the Chinese cheapies feel like they have sand in them when opening a drawer.
Most better cabinet shop suppliers stock them.

Reactions: drw

Shop Guy

New User
Frank
Thanks to all who promptly replied. I appreciate your recommendations and will look into them. Have a blessed day.

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
I have mostly used Accuride lately also. I don't care for soft close so that saves me a little money. I have ordered from all over the place. I check prices on the usual cabinetmakers sites. One unusual one that have had great prices is A&H Turf out of Billings, MT

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
My company use to buy thousands from Accuride (like 20k every 3 months). They say their headquarters is in California, but they don’t like to tell you they have plants in Mexico and China. They typically only sell through distributors. So what you & I can buy has likely been marked up at least twice. I can tell you we paid about $3.50 for what HD sells for $12. Generally they are good quality, but in the woodworking category, they are not designed to be great so they are functional, won’t come apart, but are typically not really smooth all the time. These slides are designed and built as cheap as they can make them for each weight rating category. We only had a few problems in the 15 years I worked with them. However, the slides we used were rated higher than what we needed. So just know, the safety factor is minimal and if you push it, you will probably have a problem.

I think the problem you will find from the cheap knockoffs is they will over rate them and they will be more likely to come apart. I’ve bought cheap ones for light weight, non-critical situations and they have been OK. However, it‘s simply a crap-shoot. If you buy cheap knockoffs all the time, it’s just a matter of time before you have an issue.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
I bought these, but they are NOT soft close, if that matters. I am in the process of making drawers for some shop projects, so I haven't installed them, yet.

I did open and close them and they did run smooth, so I'm happy in that regards.

Shop Guy

New User
Frank
I bought these, but they are NOT soft close, if that matters. I am in the process of making drawers for some shop projects, so I haven't installed them, yet.

I did open and close them and they did run smooth, so I'm happy in that regards.

Good morning Rory. Thanks for your suggestion for drawer glides in response to my post. One more question due to my limited experience…. Each drawer will actually be a “tray” to hold a plastic hardware sorting container. If the drawers will be 17-3/4” deep excluding the 3/4” face, should I use a 16” glide to get full extension allowing me to open the lid of the storage container? Or should I make the drawer depth 18-1/2” excluding the drawer face and use an 18” glide?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Good morning Rory. Thanks for your suggestion for drawer glides in response to my post. One more question due to my limited experience…. Each drawer will actually be a “tray” to hold a plastic hardware sorting container. If the drawers will be 17-3/4” deep excluding the 3/4” face, should I use a 16” glide to get full extension allowing me to open the lid of the storage container? Or should I make the drawer depth 18-1/2” excluding the drawer face and use an 18” glide?
Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Frank, I found this site and thought it might be useful for you: How to Build DIY Drawers (Easy + Foolproof) | Saws on Skates®

Whatever slide you decide to purchase, and however you decide to build the drawer\tray, make sure you leave some space behind the actual drawer\tray and the "cabinet."
The pictures below show inset & overlay, so whatever style you decide to build, just allow for some space behind the drawer\tray. These show a 1/2" gap, but you might prefer a little more than that.

1675343393549.png

1675343473540.png

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS