16/4 Oak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael S.

New User
Mike
All,

An old and very dear friend of mine (81 years young) needs some 16/4 oak for a project. Any suggestions as to where we might locate some thick stock such as this?

We are in Lugoff, SC (about 1.5 hours south of Charlotte), but we are willing to travel several hours if someone can point us in the right direction (good excuse for a road trip).

Thanks for your suggestions...

Michael Stockdale

Dragon

New User
David
I'd suggest you PM Chris and/or Kyle here in Lincoln County. If they don't have it perhaps Scott Smith will. I can recommend all of them as great folks who will do you right.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
For oak that size you may want to try calling any local timber frame companies. They may have some beams/post left over from projects and could possibly band-saw a slab for you.

Good luck.
Dan C.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
All,

An old and very dear friend of mine (81 years young) needs some 16/4 oak for a project. Any suggestions as to where we might locate some thick stock such as this?

We are in Lugoff, SC (about 1.5 hours south of Charlotte), but we are willing to travel several hours if someone can point us in the right direction (good excuse for a road trip).

Thanks for your suggestions...

Michael Stockdale

Michael, what moisture content does your friend need? What about widths and lengths?

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors