12 gauge 100' extension cord at Costco for $40

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanR

New User
Dan
I was shocked at the price for heavy extension cords yesterday and happened to be in Costco this morning. They have a 100' 12 gauge cord for $40.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Holy Cow, that's a great price! I was looking at one in a different store earlier for over twice that amount.

Just wish that I were a member....

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
No kidding ? - wow that's a awesome price for 12 guage - I'm sure others would be interested... maybe think about a group buy? for non-costco members

Thanks

brad4est

New User
Canuck
I am a member as of last weekend. More than willing to help out, but I am in Wilmington. Seems most of you are from the west. But I will be in Charlotte for New Years Eve. Let me know if I can help.

Brad

DanR

New User
Dan
I am flying out in the morning, but will be back on Friday. I can head over there on Saturday and pick some up (I live in Hillsborough).

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Dan (and Brad), thanks for the offer.

Dan, if you get a chance, why don't you find out who will commit to purchasing a cord, and then on Saturday you'll know how many to purchase (as well as have folks committed to buy). Go ahead and put me down for 2 cords please!

Maybe we can do a meetup for lunch one day next week, or pick a spot near you such as Woodworkers Supply to meet up the weekend after you pick up the cords?:

Scott

DanR

New User
Dan
Will do.

Scott, how about I meet you at your place, I am planning to buy some QS Oak from you. I just have to calculate the amount first, I will PM you in a bit when I figure it out.

Anyone else who wants cords please post here. I live close enough to the Durham Costco and will pick up a bunch.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Will do.

Scott, how about I meet you at your place, I am planning to buy some QS Oak from you. I just have to calculate the amount first, I will PM you in a bit when I figure it out.

Anyone else who wants cords please post here. I live close enough to the Durham Costco and will pick up a bunch.

Dan, that's fine with me. Matter of fact, if anybody else jumps in they can pick up their cord here as well.

Folks - this is about 1/2 price for a 12/3 cord. If you don't need one that long you can cut into 50 foot sections, add a couple of $5.00 ends, and have two fifty-footers for 50 bucks. All in all a great price.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Which Costco were these seen in? I would HIGHLY recommend that you check with the particular store before you assume it has the cords. The Costco's often do not carry the same thing from store to store. ( I learned this when trying to pick up some Enloop batteries)

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Dan,

If you are taking orders, I'd love to get my hands on two (2), if they are carried by your local store. I had my Dad stop by the one in Greensboro last night, (he's a member), and they didn't carry them.

I owe Scott a visit anyway!:gar-Bi

If it proves to be a hassle, no hard feelings at all. Thanks.

DanR

New User
Dan
Sorry, I saw the in the Durham store. I figured they all had the same stuff. When I was there Monday they had a bunch (probably 100+) on the shelf. I will be back in town on Saturday and go there.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I would definately take one if you can help get it to Charlotte. (Brad4est) Just let me know what I need to do. Thanks for the offer.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Check your Flea Markets for plug and socket "ends" as I've found them (Yellow) regularly for $1 each!

DanR

New User
Dan
I just got back from Costco in Durham. I got five, two each for Scott and Heath. There were only six left when I was done. They are near the fake Christmas trees in the center of the store if anyone else is looking for them.

TBone

Tommy
Senior User
Folks that live too far from a Costco might consider monoprice.com. I buy cables from them all the time for networking and high def TV.

Here are their extension cords:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/search.asp?keyword=extension+cord&x=0&y=0

If I hang a TV in my shop I will get one of these mounts:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082806&p_id=6199&seq=1&format=2

Waiting for floor installation and I'll be hanging one of those brackets with a 55" LED :gar-Bi
I also bought 2 35' HDMI cables and a 50' subwoofer cable. They have great quality and prices along with fast service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS