$100 Trade in for Non DeWalt tools @ Northern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Flyer in today's paper says Northern Tools is offering a $100 trade in on any non DeWalt cordless tool kit (must have tool, battery, & charger) towards purchase of DeWalt cordless drill kits. Check it out.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Good deal. My old Hitachi is about ready to die. Might be a good time for an upgrade.

What paper was that in?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is in the Charlotte Observer, but you can also go online at www.northerntool.com & look at their circulars. They just sent me an email version of the ad as I'm also on their list.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
Strange. Can't seem to find the circular on the web site and did not receive that email. Last email I received from Northern was last Thursday 4/8.

M

McRabbet

It is good until the 24th -- I've got an ancient and very dead B&D cordless that I might resurrect into a new DeWalt... Of course I already have 3 good cordless drills and 2 cordless impact drivers, so maybe not...

gator

George
Corporate Member
Does it have to be a non-DW? I have an old DW 7V that all the batteries are dead and the batteries cost more than the drill.

George

woodylarry

New User
Larry
Tradein must be non-dewalt. Other than that dewalt is not being picky about tradeins. Promo goes until may 1.

I work at the store in Cary. We are out of stock on the $169 one advertised.(and we won't be getting anymore and it can't be ordered). But any in-stock purchase or order placed will qualify as long as it's for a DW 18V kit.

Long lead times on most orders but where else ya gonna get a brandy new dewalt w/ 2 batt & charger for $99. Li-ion kit for $119.

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
I called my local NT today and after pressing the issue, was told I could trade in an old cordless screwdriver with internal battery and AC charger. I have a 14.4V Ryobi drill/driver that gives me good service, but is about 10-12 yr old. I am wondering which Dewalt unit to get, but would like to hear from you guys about the Li-Ion batteries vs. whatever the others are...Ni-MH ??

The guy at NT said the major issue was weight, that the Li-Ion had shorter warranty and would not last as long as the other type battery. Was he correct ?

I don't think I need a hammerdrill, but what are the pluses to the impact drill/drivers...if that's an option as I haven't researched much...yet.

I already have the cordless circular saw and flashlight that came with my Ryobi kit, so definitely would think the drill/driver would be the tool I would get the most use out of.

Brent

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I don't have DeWalt brand but I can say I'm a fan of the Li batts (normal are NiCad if I'm not mistaken) in general. They hold their charge much longer when on the shelf and are much less prone to memory issues. This won't be a big deal for a contractor who cycles the batts daily but for a home user like me where they may sit on the shelf for a few weeks between uses and, when they are used, they're rarely used for a full cycle it can make a huge difference! Also I like the lighter weight.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
LOML picked up 2 of the DC720 kits yesterday, one for me, one for our SIL.

Very nice drill. Smaller battery than my old 18v DeWalt. I really like the LED that comes on when you press the trigger. Really good speed control with the trigger.

bluewing92

New User
Norm
I went to Northern tools and they had only one model in store and the sales rep was not very helpful. So I left empty handed.:gar-Cr

I stop at Lowes (in Ocala Fl.) on the way home and decide to ask if they would honor the same deal. They did some calling around, including calling Northern Tool to verify the flyer (that I downloaded supplied by Dennis) was not bogus. Low and behold they said get what you want and will give you the same deal. So I left with a DC720 DeWalt 18V cordless $219.00 marked down to $199.00 minus my $100.00 trade in dead Craftsman, total was $104.94 including tax.:icon_cheers

What a great forum. Thanks guys.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I stop at Lowes (in Ocala Fl.) on the way home and decide to ask if they would honor the same deal. They did some calling around, including calling Northern Tool to verify the flyer (that I downloaded supplied by Dennis) was not bogus. Low and behold they said get what you want and will give you the same deal. So I left with a DC720 DeWalt 18V cordless $219.00 marked down to $199.00 minus my $100.00 trade in dead Craftsman, total was $104.94 including tax.:icon_cheers
I hadn't though about that angle on the deal. :icon_thum:icon_thum

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
We got excellent service at the Cary store.

My wife actually went to the store to do the swap. She wasn't sure which kit I wanted, so she called me. The assistant manager got on the phone and explained the differences between the various kits to help us make an informed decision. :thumbs_up

woodylarry

New User
Larry
'twas I :icon_thum.

And... if Lowes or HD are matching this deal and not getting reimbursed for the tradein they are losing money on each one they do.

WoodyLarry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS