10" wide 5/4 Ipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
ipe.jpg
So I was at the Hardwood store's new store 2 weeks ago and I was forced to save these pieces of Ipe from their 'shorts' pile. For $4/bf, I couldn't pass it up! This is beautiful stuff, not to mention that I've never seen 10" wide ipe for sale anywhere.
My grandmother-inlaw is going to get the longest lasting birdfeeder ever made for Christmas.
OK, and since I'm apparently retarded and I can't get the picture to attach, here's a link to the pic...

Last edited:

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'll second the beauty of the wood. Chris was kind enough to shair with me. I've got stock for a number of planes to come. :)

sammy

New User
Sam Samotis
DQ,

I use ipe often. I purchase 6/4 ranging in width from 5 inch to 12 inch from one of the local dealers. It is a special order but only takes about a week to get.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Thanks, Sammy - good to know. Which supplier is that that you're referring to? Are they already listed here? If not, let me know and we'll get it added!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I saved all the Ipe cutoffs from my wraparound porch. A decent pile of 4/4 and 5/4, 3'-5' long. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. It sure is tough on saw blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS