1 year since Travis Porter quit smoking tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
If I am remembering right, tomorrow will make it one year without smoking for our own Travis Porter. I know a lot of you have quit this year and I hope it is going well, and you are spending the money you saved on new toyls!

Travis, way to go! It is a great gift to youself, your wife and your girls! Awesome and congrats!!! :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Doug

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Great job Travis, I know you're spending your former smokes money on big tools....a much better investment. Now you just got to quit getting really close to me while I'm having one, it's a little weird :gar-La;:gar-La;
Seriously all you quiters are much better folk than I am, even if you are quitters.

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Great that you remembered that, Doug.
I, too, have been wondering about all the folks that quit smoking (Travis, Tracy, etc.) and/or lost weight (Stuart, Doug, etc). Hope all of you have been successful and enjoying the financial and health rewards :icon_thum

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
You remember right! Travis quit Jan 1 2008. That's almost 7 years in dog years!

Congrats Travis :eusa_danc. It's OK to still want one :icon_thum:icon_thum. Just don't have one. :eusa_naug

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Thanks, but I have to get through tomorrow I believe for it to be the year. Id oes seem like seven years some times and seven minutes at others.

Don't worry Dave, I am not just getting close to smell the cigarettes. ;-)

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
That is awesome, Travis. In fact, if remember this the next time I see you I owe you a beer (you didn't stop drinking, did you?)

Besides the obvious health problems smoking will cause, you get something even better by dumping that stank habit ... MORE MONEY FOR TOOLS!

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Way to go Travis! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

TracyB

New User
Tracy
Congrats to you. I know thats a very hard thing to do. I have tried several times and I always give in. I wish I had your will power!! Way To Go!!!!
TracyB

Dudelive

New User
Dude
A big way to go goes out to you for sticking with it. Although if you did like me when I quit I gained weight, but that is another struggle all it's own. LOL

@ TracyB, you seem to really want to quit smoking or you would not have tried to stop. So just think it over and over to your self that by a certain time or day I am going to be stopped. Continue to rethink that you are doing it for YOU and your future. Then just maybe 1, 2 or more years from now you can lay them down all at once.....worked for me.

Don't ever pick them back up after you quit, it's been over 10 years and I still want one but the want don't last long at all. Sorry to ramble on like an idiot.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Travis and the others this is a great GLOAT!!! The best tools any of us have are our minds and body. I quit 20 years ago so I know all you have gone through...CONGRATS

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I tried quitting at least a dozen times but I think this time it stuck. I'm two years in so far. Great job Travis and keep up the good work. For those who want to quit but have failed, keep at it :).

RandyJ

New User
Randy
Congratulations, Travis! Keep it up.:eek:ccasion1

The cravings will keep getting further apart and less demanding. You know you already have it licked so why go back?:dontknow:

Good for you.:icon_thum:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Congrats:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:banana::banana::banana:

I think I am now a bit over 4 months after 53 years

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Thanks, but I have to get through tomorrow I believe for it to be the year. Id oes seem like seven years some times and seven minutes at others.

Don't worry Dave, I am not just getting close to smell the cigarettes. ;-)

congrats are in order travis!:icon_thum sometimes I think you only keep me around so you can smell mine but I aint squeelin on ya!:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS