1/4" Hardboard Source in the Cary area

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Anyone found a source for 1/4" Hardboard anywhere around Cary, Raleigh, Apex, Etc.

The Lowes and Home Depot's in the area all seem to have 1/8" and 3/16" but no 1/4".

Any leads appreciated.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
You may try Wurth Group on Poole Road. I know The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville has 1/4" MDF. and they deliver to the Raleigh area for a reasonable fee.

James

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I'm pretty sure I picked up a sheet of hardboard from Capital City Lumber a few years ago. 1/4", tempered, can't remember the cost.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm pretty sure I picked up a sheet of hardboard from Capital City Lumber a few years ago. 1/4", tempered, can't remember the cost.

Thanks Ray.

I should have thought of Capital City. They've had what I've been looking for many times when others didn't.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Ken,

If you just need a small piece for a jig or something, The HD at Crossroads have 2' x 4' sheets of 1/4" MDF. I bought a couple to use as auxilary fences on my RT and works fine.

Wayne

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken,

If you just need a small piece for a jig or something, The HD at Crossroads have 2' x 4' sheets of 1/4" MDF. I bought a couple to use as auxilary fences on my RT and works fine.

Wayne

Thanks much,

Haven't been over to crossroads in a while (hate the traffic) so haven't checked that store. That is exactly what I need. Guess I'll have to brave the traffic one of these days soon.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Is there such thing as 1/4" hardboard? I understand hardboard as Masonite or HDF ("high density fiberboard") and distinguish it from MDF which is "medium density". I've only seen HDF up to 3/16" thick and have never seen MDF thinner than 1/4" so they don't appear to cross over dimensionally. Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS