1/2 inch birch

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleng

New User
allen
just wondering if anyone has any idea where one might be able to find 1/2'' birich plywood.all i can find at lowes or local builders supply is 1/4'' and 3/4''. i wish i cuold find it in 4x8 sheets localy,as i cant realy buy in bulk,just a sheet now and then.1/4'' is just too thin and 3/4'' will work,but it is heavier .one drawback is that i think 1/2'' is about the same price as 3/4''.but 1/2'' would work better for me.thanks

sammy

New User
Sam Samotis
Re: 1/2 inch birtch

i just bought 20 sheets. I had to order it from Builders First Source. It is a special order item. Most lumber suppliers can get it.

alleng

New User
allen

thanks,ill go in tomorrow and talk to them,there is a bfs here in town.im in at least once a day

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User

Lowes stocks the Chinese birch ply in 1/2" in some stores. Raleigh Hardwood (Wurth Group) also sells 1/2" birch ply. Call them and talk to Carolyn White. She may have a customer near you to whom they make deliveries, and yours could be shipped at the same time. They ship on their own trucks.

RobD

New User
Rob

The Klingspor's in Charlotte has started carrying baltic birch in 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4" thicknesses in various sizes up to 5'x5'. I am not sure if that applies to the other Klingspor's locations though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS